18

Kentrell Gaulden Houston, Texas February 18th, 2021

Kentrell Gaulden
Houston, Texas
February 18th, 2021

"Taytay you want sum' ta' eat?" Kentrell asked his son. "Or you not hungry." He looked down at Taytay who was sitting on the couch.

"I'm not hungry." He said keeping his attention on the TV that was playing paw patrol. "Daddy, when my cousin come?"

Over the past two weeks Taylin been with Kentrell, Taylin have gotten more comfortable with his grandma, uncle, auntie and his cousin. They'll usually go over to Sherhonda so Taylin can bond with everybody. He met some of his "uncles" AKA Kentrell homeboys Ben, Boomer, and Three.

"Yo auntie and cousin should be ova' hea' any minute na'." He told Taylin. Soon as Kentrell finished his sentence it was a knock at the door. "Might be them." He mumbled, walking to the door.

He looked through the peephole and saw his sister and nephew standing outside, opening the door, Rylie ran into the house to find Taylin and Teelee was on the phone. "No, i'll be out there sometime next week." Teelee said to whoever she was on the phone with.

"Okay, don't forget to send me those pictures of Kacey. Okay, bye babymomma." she finished her conversation with Samaria. "Hello brother." She waved at him.

Kentrell closed the door, nodding his head up at his sister. "She had the baby, huh?"

Teelee stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around. "Yes..." she looked at him weird. "Why?"

"Nun' just askin'." he shrugged. "I'll be upstairs if you need me, though." He told her heading upstairs to his bedroom.

Opening his room door, Jaz who was seated on the bed paying attention to her phone. "How long you plannin' on stayin' hea'?" Kentrell asked, walking into his bathroom taking off his shirt.

"You want me to leave?" Jaz got off the bed to follow behind him.

"Ian say that, did I?" He looked at her through the mirror and she shook her head "no". "Okay then, answer tha' question."

"I was planning on staying here for another three days, maybe." she said lowly but Kentrell still heard her.

"Ight." He nodded, letting her know she heard him. "Come hea'." Jaz walked towards him with a small smile on her face. "Lata' imma take you shoppin' and shit." He bit on his bottom lip, staring down at her.

"Ouu okayy." She excitedly smiled. "Let's take a picture." She got in front of him, turning around to face the big mirror. She got her phone from out of her pocket, tapping the screen for the phone to turn up. Sliding over to the left to open the camera.