22. The Dueling Club

●●●

●●●

Worry consumed many Muggle-Born's as the days pass since the attack on Collin. And certain Slytherins thrived on the newfound fear of students being afraid of them. Draco terrorized the first year's as he would stand tall in front of them and act like he was going to attack as he pointed his wand at them. Pansy, Millicent, and Daphne would hex the muggle-Borns, especially from Gryffindor, and install fear whenever they walked down the halls. Older Slytherins didn't even need to do anything as their presence alone caused students, of all ages, to walk the other way.

Although Amelia spends the majority of her time with her two Hufflepuff friends, many students have avoided her presence as well. Which the Slytherin found ironic considering Justin actively avoided being in the same room as Harry Potter and would hide behind either Amelia or Erine when he is near.

But when the trio walked by the entrance hall and noticed a cluster of students near a notice board, reading a piece of parchment that was pinned up. 

" They're staring a dueling club." Justin read when they neared the notice board. 

" Looks like the first meeting is tonight."

" Learning how to duel could help considering the circumstances," Justin mumbled as he looked at the parchment again. 

" Hmm, we probably wouldn't need it if we had a teacher that could teach us how to defend against the dark arts," Amelia said as the three walked away from the notice board and toward the library. 

" Too bad we don't have one."  Ernie laughed.

The three studied in the library until eight o'clock. They then made their way into the great hall where they found all the long tables gone and replaced by a golden stage with hundreds of candles floating above it. 

" Woah. I wonder who is going to teach us." Ernie asked. The three of them joined the crowd that gathered around the stage.

" I always assumed Professor McGonagall could duel," Amelia said.

" That would be cool. But I think it would be Professor Hooch. She seems like the type to handle a duel." Justin said. 

But when Lockhart walked on the stage in his plum robes alongside Snape in his signature black robes, Amelia sighed.

" Defiantly did not expect Snape to be here," Amelia whispered. 

" Gather around! Gather around! Can everyone see me? Can everyone hear me? Good." Lockhart said as he smiled at the group of students.

What a waste of my time Amelia thought. She would think that the headmaster would assign a more suitable professor to teach students how to defend themselves in light of the sudden attacks. 

" Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I have done on countless occasions."