Your Smile

Boom. Crash. Pow.

The crew ducked under the rails: except for Luffy and Zoro.
As they watched the ship start to tear apart, they also took sight of the ship firing them.

They were pirates.

Being a pirate crew, they were already used to this --- some are just weak.
And then, there's the clueless (but not ignorant): the newbie.

Kuroki panicked, as she ran in circles around the crow's nest.
She wasn't ready for this; no, not again.
The clueless Raven-haired girl felt the canon fires blast on her back.
She could feel the intense rowing of the ship, doing her best not to throw up; mostly, not to go crazy.

But not everything is how you want it to be.

As everyone got their weapons and fists and legs pumped up, Kuroki jumped out of the ship.
The crew was shocked.
"Kuroki! Wait! You're gonna drown!!" Chopper screamed, remembering that she was a devil-fruit user.

Kuroki was about to drown; however, her eyes were still set on the other crew.
She spread her arms into an 'X' position, and slid them across the air:
This created a barrier below her feet, made of the colors in the rainbow.
"Color-Color: Barrier!"
The barrier, still being under her feet to lift her up in the air, expanded, and created a box around Kuroki.
Robin was impressed.
The barrier then carried her swiftly to the other ship.

"You go, Kuroki! Haha!" Luffy and Usopp yelled.
"Woo-hoo!" Nami and Chopper screamed.
"Kuroki-chwaaaan~!" Sanji twirled.
"Shut up, eyebrows." Zoro insulted.
"That's supeeerrrrrrr, Kuroki!" Franky did his pose.
"Yohohoho! Good job Kuroki-san!" Brook laughed.
Robin giggled, smiling.

Kuroki couldn't even hear them, however, and attacked the ship.
"Color-color: Heat wave!" She called out, as the barrier quickly faded away; it was only there for a few seconds.

Her attack was horrifying.

As the large motion of heat reached the crew, their bodies literally started to melt to the ground.
There was nothing left of them but their bones, and even the ship burned on water.

She used her barrier to get back again.
They were staring in awe, disappointment, and enjoyment.

"What's wrong?" She tilted her head, fingering the large burn on her wrist.
"What was that?!" Luffy scolded.
"H-huh?" Kuroki asked, surprised. "I fought them, that's what I did."
Luffy looked angry.
"You just went out and killed them! You're not supposed to do that! You're just supposed to make them stop bothering you; not kill them!" He screamed back.
Kuroki shouted back, and even started crying. "But-- that's what pirates do! Murder and steal!"
She fell to the ground, aching for her family.
Robin held her in her arms, and did her best to calm her.
"Shh. Calm down," she smiled her sweet, loving smile, "You improved."

Then, all of a sudden, Kuroki got a warm feeling in her heart.

She loved those smiles.