Tease

Yes, those friendly, welcoming smiles.

Kuroki couldn't watch those smiles without smiling herself.
They reminded her of her deceased family.

But at that moment, she realized; that even if her parents had died, these people were her real family.

These pirates.

Even as night time crept on, the crew was up and happy.
Parties, alcohol, fights. Oh, the Strawhats!

As she walked into the crowded kitchen, the atmosphere was different than usual.

...Where was Luffy?

Everyone but the captain was there that night.
"Hey, where's Luffy?" She asked, tilting her head. They all shook their heads, in a manner of confusion.

"Dunno. Maybe he's asleep?"
"But it's Luffy..."
"Yohohoho! Maybe he's looking at your panti-"
"BROOK!" Nami struck the skeleton across his boney face. Er, bone face.

Kuroki sighed. "I just wanted to thank him. For what he did today, for me..."

"...Kuroki?" Robin asked, giggling.
"Y-yes?" She was a bit startled.
"Is it just me, or is your face red?" She pointed.
"W-wha?!"

The majority of the crew laughed (except for Sanji, he was pretty mad).
"Kuroki-chwan~?! Is it that awful captain that's making you so red~?!" He looked depressed.

"W-wha?! Why are you all like this, all of a sudden?!" She squealed, embarrassed.

Why was it now, that day, that they tease her? Why did they even THINK about teasing her?
She stomped off, her face still red, off to her room.

'No, no, no, no, Kuroki...' She thought to herself. 'You don't like him... He doesn't like you... You're just friends... Just friends...'

Oh goodness. What was this?
Every time she told herself 'no', her heart would feel... Tight.

She shook her head, and laughed, sitting on the bed. "Aha, what am I doing? This is all just a misunderstanding."

They'll understand.

As morning came by, Kuroki arose from her bed.
Her eyes were red.
She hadn't slept at all last night; she refuses to think of the reason.

She got up, and trailed off to the kitchen; just like last night.
Franky, Usopp, and Sanji were all asleep in there, just like after a normal party.
Normally Zoro would be there, but maybe he left early? Who knows.

As the two girls came in, Nami twirled around.
"It's tomorrow, tomorrow! To-morrow!" She chirped.
"What is?" Kuroki asked, curiously.
"Valentine's Day, silly! That's why we're moving so much today so we can stop tomorrow!" She replied.

"Valentine's Day?!"