Realization

Kuroki heavily, so heavily sighed.

"Why the hell does Valentine's Day have to be tomorrow?" She groaned, falling to the ground.
She covered her face with her hands.
"What's so bad about Valentine's Day? You get presents and chocolate from everyone!" Nami explained to her, as if Kuroki didn't know what Valentine's Day was.

She sighed, again.

"Nami, you were drunk last night weren't you?" She asked.
"Huh? I don't remember..." She put a hand to her chin, laughing it off.
"I wasn't." For the first time today Robin spoke, and giggled to herself as she reminded Kuroki of her remark last night, about her face and blush.
"I know, Robin." She blushed and mumbled, which caused the archeologist to laugh a bit harder.

"Say, where's Zoro?" Robin asked as she peeked into the kitchen, not seeing the usual drunk-mosshead collapsed.
"Oh, he's in Luffy's room."
"Since when?"
"I saw him in there when I was going to bed last night."
"...Wonder why." Kuroki interrupted, "I mean, normally he just yells whatever's on his mid across the whole ship, even if it's personal..."

Robin tilted her head. She knew by the sound of her voice and by the look on her face that something was bothering her - or maybe it was making her nervous?
Who knew.

As the rest of the crew walked in, following their conversation, so did the captain and his first mate.
"Mornin'!" Kuroki smiled brightly, saluting. Her attitude suddenly changed.

Nami noticed this too, how she was acting a little weird - but Robin on the other hand, already figured all of this out.

Everything.

Okay, back to the crew.
Sanji - dancing, mellorine, Robin, Nami. Four words to describe the cook.
Usopp, Chopper, Brook - weird. That's it.
Nami, Robin - giggling and excited for Valentine's Day, of course!
Franky - laughing. Ahem, going on.
But today, only today, the two idiot leaders were acting strange.

And when I say strange, I mean really strange.

Not talking to anyone, not looking at anyone, not asking for food, nothing. Dead silence from the two.

Usopp, being their best friends (and to his thought, captain who was above them), came to them, trying to look all - 'cool'.
"Hey, my crew mates! And how are you both this morninggg?!" He asked, surprisingly creepy and encouraging at the same time.

Zoro shrugged.

Luffy stumbled. "U-um..." He glanced around the room.
Everyone. Stared. In. Shock.

"LUFFY!"
"Hey, are you okay?!"
"Yohoho! Chopper, medical help please!"
"I'M RIGHT ON IT!"
"Luffy?!"
"Luffy-Bro?!"
"LUFFYYYY!!"

For the first time in history, he was being submissive.
And quiet.
And unpredictable.

"Seriously guys, it's nothing! Really! Don't worry about me!" He glanced to the side of the room.

"...Nothing, huh, captain?" The green-haired swordsman followed, his tone of voice pretty suspicious.
"...Nothing." He nodded, however his expression said 'everything.'

'...This is uncomfortable... C'mon Luffy, be yourself...!' Kuroki thought.

...Wait.

Her eyes shot up in surprise.
'Be yourself.'
'Watch out.'
'Be careful.'
'Thank you.'
'You saved me.'
All things that she had thought frequently, ever since she'd been with this crew.
With Luffy.

Was this, Kuroki thought,
Love?