Chapter 3 { Soon-to-be mother knows best.}

Galatians 6:7

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap."

Ziana Carter
********************
Word count : 4614

"Are you sure he said that?" Elijah asked as he turned around to the coffee machine and pressed the button that made the hot black beverage spill into the small white mug.

"Well i was trying not to black out from the tension in the room but im sure his exact words were be safe." I say while making a dramatic gesture with my hands, before i continue replacing the old pieces of bagels and butter slathered cheesy toasted sandwiches with new ones.

"And the problem is?"Elijah asks with a raised eyebrow

"Elijah you know exactly what the problem is, how am i supposed to react to somebody telling me to be safe?" I know it doesnt seem like a lot but for me, im not used to that.

It means that somebody has a certain type of care for you i mean after all who wants someone they dont care about to be safe?

"You and your boyfriend confuse the living heck out of me." He sniggers before adding creamer to the espresso and putting it onto a white plate.

"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" I unconsciously scream making every head in the restaurant turn to look at me.

"Anyways.." Elijah says making a creeped out face as he drags along each letter. I blush and hide my face from all the staring eyes as they go back to their lunches

"You do way too much, we were literally just arrested and the only thing you care about is the fact some cop said be safe?" Elijah whispered bringing me back to reality as he shook his head laughing. 

He just doesn't get it...

How much weight and responsibility is in somebody telling you to be safe.... What would he think if i wasn't safe? what would he do if something bad happened? How would he react if i disobeyed him like he said he hated and decided to step in front of a car? Would he get mad at the driver or at me?..

"Ziana!" Elijah exclaims as he pushes a hand into my rib when he catches me falling into my common pattern of overthinking, one of the things i thought would go away the second i came to christ but yet i still face these same struggles.

I suppose God never promised us the struggle would end, he promised he would win the struggle.

"You have a customer..." He whispers while handing me the espresso knowing that serving at the cafe would be enough to stop me from overthinking and being in my own head as usual.

"Sorry ma'am, that will be $14.00" I say before pressing some random buttons on the cash register,

" $14! for a damn espresso? what kind of scam y'all got going on here?" The woman exclaimed in a voice so loud she caused the rest of the customers and the staff to look over at me in confusion.

"Is there a problem here?" My nosy boss victor asked with the usual fake smile he usually puts on that disappears as soon as the customer does, God help me, im so tired of being around fake people, i need someone genuine....

"There is no problem, no problem at all.." Elijah interceded for me as i had a brain and mind fart..

"There's no problem my ass! Your employee here was just trying to charge me $14 for a tiny cup of espresso." Victors eyes shot to me in disappointment

"Lady, chill aight? She just made a mistake, no big deal.  sir i will take this one, Just take it easy and we will get your drink..." Elijah pushes my still body out of the way of the cash register, and immediately takes over, charging to the correct price, this is one thing i truly love about elijah, he is quick on his feet.