Part 10

Happy reading ☺️☺️☺️

Aditya sat comfortably on a large red chair in front of his house. He took out his hand; a slip of paper lay peacefully on his palm. It glowed a sharp white before turning into a dull grey colour.

The roses in the vase went from deep beige to a white.

- - -...- - -

A week after Khushi having an unscheduled meeting with her past, she found herself-accompanied by Arnav every where she goes now- strolling down an empty park. The sun was beating down through gaps from tree branches and occasional breeze brushed pass her skin.

"It feels so good to be out of the wheel chair!" Khushi breathed in the fresh air. Arnay chuckled, shaking his head, walking invisibly next to her.

"You just can't sit still." He shook his head. It's been a week since... their little 'accident' had happened, they didn't mention it to one another, didn't dare to bring it up. They managed to still talk to one another, which is a good thing, but still Arnav could sense it, the tension was there.

They walked together quietly for a second,

"Arnav are you a man or not? Just go and talk to her!" His little voice said inside of him

'Yea, and get her more freaked out about you than needed' he thought to himself.

"Arnav, are you feeling ok?" Khushi asked, watching Arnav's expression change. Arnav snapped out of his daydreaming, tuning back onto Khushi's face.

"Yea, fine, keep walking, you'll look stupid talking to thin air." He said, Khushi laughed, shaking her head, but took his advice.

"There's no one here Arnav, as you can see." She pointed out, "only us and cars and... and..." Khushi's voice broke off, her breathing went laboured and she started to break out into a cold sweat, her face paled.

"Khushi," Arnav called, "Khushi are you alright?" he went to touch her arm, only to be burnt by a solemn white glow. "Khushi!"

Khushi's mind tuned out of the reality world, her vision of trees and passing cars blurred until it melted into nothingness. The warm breeze suddenly turned into a cold wind, whipping across her face.

She was standing along, in nothing but pitch black darkness, the floor beneath her showed a never ending pit, but she saw her own reflection, as if she was standing on clear glass. She saw two lights at the end and started running towards it. Every step she took made the floor ripple like water, and soon the surface became like waves, moving up and down, she wasn't able to get balance! The two lights started to move towards her and she reached it, it was as though a window was blocking her way.

She looked through the window, and saw the exact same road and car she had seen by the park. But everything was in slow motion; she saw vans and cars drive by the pace of someone walking. Then a huge travel bus covered the entire window. She couldn't see anything other than the bus. She saw happy children playing with his brothers and sister, a newly wed couple by the front, enjoying one another's company, she saw a mother with a new born in her arm, and it was a girl. She saw families and friends, relatives and cousins, they were all so happy.

Suddenly a loud boom erupted in her ears; she stood up startled, only to watch the travel bus to slam against the window that separated her and the bus. Khushi screamed, her scream blending in with the screams of the people on the bus, she saw luggage flying out, and someone pushed against the window by a large suit case, she watched the mother protect her children, the baby crying alone, its mother laying just centimetres by its side.Then the window broke, and pieces of glass flew towards her along with the bus and Khushi screamed, preparing for impact...

"KHUSHI!" Arnav shouted. Khushi jerked awake, her eyes wide opened.

"Arnav?" she whispered, she launched herself into his arms, not caring if someone saw her hugging air.

"Khushi what happened?" Arnav whispered. Khushi let go of him, her eyes eying the traffic behind them in a terrified manner. A large travel bus blocked her vision.

"Oh god... please no..." Khushi begged silently, tears filled her eyes and strolled down her cheek. It was as if she was back in her vision again, this time with Arnav.

"Khushi move!" and the next thing she knew, she was on her back, Arnav on top of her.

"Arnav, Arnav!" Khushi pushed him off, "I saw this, I mean, I knew this could happen, Arnav I could've prevented this from happening." Khushi was paper pale. Arnav stood up, his amber eyes were glowing slightly and his mouth was in a tight line, Khushi could see his muscle in his mouth bulging.

"Khushi... I don't think we should talk about this..." he said roughly, eyeing the crowd around them. Khushi stood up, still weak from her experience,

"Oh no..."

A crowd of people surrounded them, this expression solemn, sad, and fierce.

"You can see us, can't you?" they said to her.

Did you liked the update???

How is Khushi and Arnav in this one??
Did you liked them?

If this update makes you happy please vote and comment 😊🐱😉

Silent readers please vote atleast...

Next update will be in a day or two.

Thanku 😊😊😊