Part 15

Happy reading
🤗🤗🤗

It was three in the afternoon when Khushi started to move, waking up. Opening her eyes, her ceiling stared blurrily back at her, and after a few moments of blinking, her room came into focus. Khushi sat up, her covers slipping off her,waking up from one of the best sleep she had in ages.

"Ohhh my god what time is it?" she asked lazily, stretching her arms and body. Arnav smirked,

"It's three in the afternoon." Arnav said, floating cross legged in front of her.

"Ohhh three… what?" Khushi exclaimed, jumping up, grabbing her alarm clock from her bed table. Indeed the hour hand was pointing to three and the minute hand now at one. "You're joking, are you serious I slept that long?" Khushi asked unbelievingly.

"You're a deep sleeper." Arnav shrugged, "But you look a lot better so I guess that makes up for it."

"So who came while I took my well deserved nap?" Khushi asked, sticking out her tongue at him when he rolled his eyes and scoffed when she said nap.

"Let's see, your father, your brother, then your father, then your brother, then your father, then your brother, then your father, your father again, then your brother… did I forget anyone?" Arnav mockingly made a thinking face, "Oh right, did I mention your father and your brother came too?" he said sarcastically, leaving out the conversation he had with Aaron in between his listing.

"Oh I'm sure you got everyone." Khushi said sarcastically, getting out in her top and pants, rummaging through her closet to get some clothes. After getting out a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, she turned to Arnav, who was still floating in air. "I promise to scream if some unidentified ghost suddenly barges in when I'm in the middle of changing." Khushi said, before opening the door, waving her hand. Arnav landed on the floor,"Great, watch over her, and get kicked out in thanks."

"So, tell me what happened?" Arnav asked once they were out of the house . Khushi sat on one of the swings, and gently pushed herself with the heels of her feet.

"I don't know, it felt so… weird, it was like I was trapped or something. Have you ever watched those animal channels, where they catch a bear with those horrible tranquilizers, then the next thing the bear knows they wake up in a cage?"

"Yea… I think…" Arnav said slowly.

"It's like I just felt numb all of a sudden and it's like I can't move. That's exactly what happened when I stared into Aditya's eyes." Khushi explained.

"Aditya the new kid in your class," Arnav asked, frowning.

"Yea, him, why?" she asked, surprised at his tone in voice when he said that.

"I don't like him." He said bluntly, "he's strange, I swear he looked at me when he first came." Arnav said. Khushi nodded in agreement, remembering the day the new student had came up to her and sat next to her, she remembered his black eyes peering past her shoulder as well.

"Khushi!" a cry called out. Payal was running towards them, her hair untied. "Oh thank god I was looking all over for you!" she said breathlessly, clutching her blue bag.

"Hey Payal, what's wrong?" Khushi asked, seeing her friend frantically searching her bag for something.

"Remember the tape I made the first time I met ASR, of you two fighting?" Payal asked, taking out her video camera. That caught Arnav's attention as well, and looking around the park to make sure no one was there, he materialized and through Khushi's connection, he appeared out of thin air in front of payal.

"Yea, I remember." He said, getting a surprised jump out of payal when she looked up.

"It's not there anymore." Payal said, brushing off her startled face when she handed her camera over. Khushi looked up at Arnav, before the two bent over, looking at the small screen. It was blank, the blue screen flashed before their eyes.

"What? How could that be? Payal are you sure?" Khushi asked urgently, this wasn't good, if anyone saw… they were in huge trouble.

"I swear I didn't!" Payy said fearfully.

"Wait, didn't you charm it so only payal or others with powers can see it?" Arnav asked,

"I did, but after that… night, we already know there's some else here with powers, if it gets in their hands…" Khushi left the rest un-said.

"Maybe someone switched the tape didn't you say you left your blue bag in the classroom that day?" Arnav suggested.

"It's the same one, I swear, I label all my tapes, so they're unique, each of them, it's the same one, I checked everything!" Payal pointed out.

"Wait, you guys look." Khushi said suddenly, drawing the two's attention. The small screen was no longer blue; instead, it had turned black, flickering before their eyes. Then suddenly, a flash of the man in black flashed before their eyes, a sharp blue light emitted from the screen. Suddenly payal fainted, falling on the soft green grass.

"Payal!" Khushi gasped, momentarily leaving the screen. Arnav had already lifted the fainted girl up, and leaned her against a nearby tree. A voice came from the video.

"I know your watching this…" a cold voice hissed out from the screen, there was no one on the screen, but it started show a slideshow of pictures of families, familiar faces blared out at Khushi, faces of ghosts she had helped in the past,

"I know you know who I am, who they are. I know where you live, what you do, I know who you are." At that point Khushi's breathing started to get shorter and shorter, her heart beating faster and faster from every word.

"You can get all the help you want, but even your ghost can't even help you. He can follow you around everywhere." Suddenly, a picture of Khushi in her classroom just a few weeks before showed up, she was talking to her friends, all her friends were present in the picture and an eerie faint outline was made visible, no doubt showing Arnav's position, and as soon as her picture showed up, it disappeared beneath the fire that sprouted from underneath,

"I've already won."

And the video turned off. Shaking, Khushi placed the camera back onto the bench. She took the tape out, and threw it .

"What's happening…?" Payal groaned by the tree. Khushi and Arnav rushed over, kneeling down to payal's level. "Khushi, What are you doing here, um… who are you?" Payal asked, her eyes landing on Arnav. Khushi and arny looked at one another, Khushi's mouth opened slightly in shock.

Payal had forgotten about Khushi's powers, she had forgotten about Arnav.

Did you liked it??

If reading my stories makes you happy 🙂🙂🙂
Please give Votes and comments

Thankyou
🤗🤗🤗