Part 20

Happy reading
💕💕💕

Chapter : Impossible

- - -…- - -

It all happened so fast, Khushi thought as she stood there, frozen. One minute they were chasing one another around the house and the next… they were standing close to one another, and he had leaned in for the kiss after a whispered 'Don't.' Her heart felt as though it was ready to burst, it was beating so fast she feared the whole world could hear it… not she feared he could hear it. Khushi didn't know if she was allowed to kiss a ghost, heck she wasn't even sure how you could even kiss a ghost, but she did, and she loved the tingles it sent down her body.

Slowly, she felt Arnav's arms wrap around her waist, it was so strong, and so secure, and as much as she knew deep, deep down inside her that this was wrong, she responded, putting both her hands on his chest. They didn't know how long it lasted, to them, one minute meant forever, but eventually Arnav pulled back slowly, he was a ghost, which meant he didn't need to breathe, but he knew if he could, he would be out of breath right about now. He looked down at the girl in front of him, and saw her eyes were closed, yet they were ready to open.

"I…" Khushi stuttered she didn't know where to start! The fact that that was totally uncalled for or the fact that she had enjoyed it, "Arnav I-"

"Sorry." He said quickly and shortly, Khushi looked up at him, "I… didn't know what I was doing." He apologized, her an his hand through his hair, Khushi shook her head,

"No, I didn't know what I was thinking…I should have… I shouldn't… this isn't supposed to happen." Khushi muttered, taking a step back from him, Arnav started to take a step front, but she stopped him, "no Arnav… don't." she bit down on her bottom lip,

"Why?" he asked, "Look I know I'm dead, but I know well what I'm feeling," Arnav said forcefully, "Can we just-"

"No!" Khushi exclaimed, shocking both Arnav and herself, "Arnav what we did… it's my fault I… Look let's just… can we forget it?" she asked, Arnav looked at her as if she had grown two heads,

"So that's it, you want to just forget about the whole thing then?" he said harshly, "like it never happened, fine, forget it then." He said coldly, Khushi cursed herself,

"Arnav please…" she begged softly, Arnav shook his head,

"No, let's forget about it, we'll forget that kiss never happened and I'll even do you one more favour, let's forget we ever met." He said, and with that he disappeared from her sight, Khushi stood alone in the living room, she closed her eyes, searching for his presence around the house but she couldn't feel it. She ran out the front door, flinging it opened, looking around the street frantically, but she couldn't see him… he had really left…

"Khushi what are you doing out here?" her dad's voice suddenly broke her concentration, she looked up at him in his suite and briefcase, looking down at her,

"Baba… you're early." Khushi said softly, khushal placed a palm on her forehead,

"Are you sick Khushi? It's nearly 6." He pointed out, Khushi looked at her own watch, and it was pointing a six.

"Oh…I guess I lost track of time." She mumbled, she followed her dad in, sparing one last glance at the dark and empty street,

"Wow you've worked really hard on your chores, I don't think I've ever since this house so spotless before." Khushal praised, smiling at his daughter, Khushi nodded distractedly, not really listening,

"Yea… Baba I don't think I'm feeling too well… I don't feel like going to dinner tonight just save something for me." She said softly, already heading up the stairs. Khushal nodded, watching her go slowly up the stairs,

"Something's wrong." He thought.

- - -…- - -

As soon as Khushi got into her room she locked her door and collapsed onto her bed. She had a huge head ache for some reason. Her room felt so cold even though the heater in the house was on. It was as if the whole world knew Arnav had left her and it made her feel horrible.

"You shouldn't have said that to him." Her mind chided her,

"What was I supposed to tell him? That I liked the kiss that I agree whole heartedly to what he told me?"

"Better than lying,"

"I'm a mediator! I can't fall in love with every ghost I meet!"

"Who said anything about love? Admit it… you feel the same way."

Khushi dug her head into her pillow and let out a scream. She turned her head sideways; her eyes gazing at the window sill, Arnav had always stayed there, it was 'his spot' if you want to call it that. But now it was so empty, Khushi closed her eyes, planning on taking a nap,

"Arnav…" she whispered, a single tear fell from her eyes as she drifted off.

- - -…- - -

Arnav floated back to the same Park. It was starting to get dark, and slowly the street lights started to flicker on. Why had he just said that? Stupid him, he ran his finger across his lips subconsciously, he could still feel her warm lips on hers.He never felt so much in just a few seconds, he felt so… alive when he kissed her, as ironic as that sounded.

"And to think people think we rest in peace after we die… you're not at peace are you." A cold voice snarled from a corner. Arnav whipped around, a cold expression on his face when he met a familiar pair of steel cold eyes glaring back at him.

"You look familiar… you're the man from the travel bus incident…" Arnav recalled, then his expression got colder, "the man who went with the black bastard."

Thanku
🤗🤗🤗