Little Prince (NSFW)

"We need to talk about what comes next," Shang-Chi said after everyone had finished eating and the place had grown quiet. "Now that we've got more numbers- now that we know we can hurt Doom- we need a plan. "

"Maybe we can hurt Doom, but with Lady Wanda being summoned it might be best if we sit this out until Fury's space friend shows," Sam said.

"And if she doesn't?" Clint asked. "If she skips out on us, then what? We just stay down here and hide until we rot?"

Fury glared at him. "You don't know Carol  the way I do. She wouldn't do that."

"Unless she's dead," Clint countered. "When's the last time you saw or heard from her? When she left you the first time?"

Fury remained stone-faced. "She'll be here."

Hope cleared her throat. "As much as I don't want it to be, if Carol doesn't show we do need a backup plan."

Shang-Chi ran a hand through his hair. "Well, Doom's moving his Queen onto the chessboard and ours is still MIA. So we'll have to find a way to weaken her." He looked over at Natasha. "You mentioned her kids, right?"

Natasha gave a little nod. "They're the most important thing in her life. She's entirely devoted to them to the point that nothing else matters to her."

"Then we do what? Grab the kids and use them as leverage?" Hope asked.

Thor stood. "Absolutely not. Children have no place in battle. And, though we are all many things, we are not monsters ."

"Thor is right," Helion said from nearby. Thor looked at him, his expression softening into a warm smile. Helion felt fluttering in his core and quickly averted his eyes. "We have to find another way that doesn't involve using her children against her," he added.

"It may come to that," Natasha said. She looked at Thor and a sad smile touched her face. "You're right- children don't belong in a battle. But sometimes it happens to us anyway."

Helion watched the way Natasha looked at her sister and felt the wave of sadness that passed between them.

"We will continue making other plans until we have no other choice," Thor said. He looked at Fury. "How certain are you that this Carol will come? How certain are you that she is alive?"

"Carol's a fighter," Fury said. "I believe in her. We wait. We rest up. We prepare. And when Carol comes back, we join her and fuck Doom and his people up. And that includes his little witch. So rest up, people. Meditate. Pray. Do whatever it is you do. Because we're all going to be fighting again soon."

"I knew you liked me," Thor playfully gloated when he found Helion alone in a small bedroom.

Helion frowned to cover up the excitement Thor's voice and presence incited within him. "And what gave you that idea?"

Thor shrugged his broad shoulders and leaned against the wall. "The way you pretend you do not."

"I don't pretend not to like you," Helion scoffed.

Thor lifted an eyebrow and gave him an irresistible crooked smile. "So you do like me."

"I am far too busy to like anyone right now."

Thor shifted a little closer and his smile broadened.

"Don't look at me, like that." Helion said before he shifted uncomfortably.

The need to gaze upon the Inhuman prince continued to fill Thor and he looked down at him and licked his lips.

"Why are you looking at me like that?!" Helion demanded. He looked up into Thor's eyes as he stood very near him.