Fever-pitch

Thor's body went completely limp in Helion's arms. Wanda had long vanished  with her sons at her side while the rest of the combatants were engaged with one another. All around him, the fight went on. With Doom's most fearsome follower subdued by Thor's sacrifice for one of her sons, the rest of Doom's people stood little chance before the combined night of the others. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered.

"I love you," Helion winced. He ran gentle fingers through Thor's hair. "I do not know how it can even be possible. But I feel as if a string were tethering me to you. It's a mystery to me. But one I do not care about solving."  He leaned down and kissed Thor's forehead and then rested there against him. Then, in a determined whisper, he addressed the thunder god. "I know you are not gone, Thor. What you did today? If that is not an act of heroism to prove you are worthy...then I'll go to Asgard...and I will fight the one who cursed you myself!"

The sound of combat continued around him, but he barely heard it. Instead, he focused entirely on Thor, willing him to awaken. Willing him to live.

"Guys, we've got problems!" Spider-Man announced as he swung up and attached to the side of a building and pointed up into the sky.

Helion tore his eyes away from Thor and took in the sight of a massive, dark cloud. But it wasn't a cloud; it was a fleet of the same robots he and Tony had battled not long ago. And among them was Ultron.

"Alright," Ultron chuckled. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing," Doom called out. "You're timing is impeccable."

Swallowing his grief, Helion stood with his allies and allowed an aura of light to build up around him. It hummed powerfully, waiting for his command. He spared a glance at the others and read the grimness of their once hopeful expressions. They were surrounded on all sides, with their numbers now fewer. Helion knew the odds were stacked in their disfavor. He looked back at Thor's lifeless face and knew that falling into despair would be so easy. He was an outcast, no longer welcome among his people. The world he'd come to save all but dead. The man he'd fallen in love with was gone. Yes, surrendering to whatever fate his enemies could craft would be so easy.

But then he recalled the legends of old. The tales of the Inhumans that had come before him. Though his kind now resided in an era of flawed peace, there was a time when they fought in great battles. He thought of the stories he'd been told of bravery and heroism, of selflessness and sacrifice. In that moment, he sought to be the culmination of his kind.

"We fight together," he said through clenched teeth.

"And you'll die together," Captain Doom scoffed.

The circle of villains closed in on them, their intentions promising a painful end. Helion raised his hands and targeted the nearest of them.

"What's that sound?" Spider-Man asked.

Their enemies faltered and everyone looked to the sky as a dense, dark fog rolled across it. Lightning crackled menacingly, causing Helion's heart to race hopefully.

"Multiple organic life forms detected," all of the Ultron robots spoke in unison.

Then the clouds exploded with activity as several figures rapidly descended. The Ultron robots raised their arms to open fire and an assortment of attacks rained down on them- lightning, ice, and energy blasts of all shapes, sizes and colors. As the horde around Helion and the rebels was pushed back by the assault, Helion watched as several people landed around them.

"Hey," one of them- a young man with striking green eyes said as he turned to him. "I know you have no idea who I am right now. But we're here to help."