X-Men, Assemble

Kyle landed on the ground after busting a hole through a Sentinel's face and forward rolled as a barrage of energy bolts struck the ground around him. He landed on his knees and raised his hands, forming a wall of telekinetic force and directing it in the path of his attacker. The opposing forces collided and the raw power of Kyle's mind split the blast apart before striking the Sentinel's palm, shattering it to pieces.

"They need to hurry up," Psylocke complained as she dashed across the battlefield. One of the Sentinels was tracking her but her nimble antics made her a difficult target. Adapting, the Sentinel unleashed a thick cord from its palm in an attempt to restrain her. Betsy smirked and front flipped, landing on the cord without so much as a stumble. As the cord began to coil back on itself, she ran up the length of it, vaulted off of the Sentinel's palm, and climbed up to its shoulder. A psychic blade spawned from her fist and she swung, slicing through the dense metal neck.

Colossus popped into the air and grabbed the falling head, then pivoted and threw it into the chest of another enemy. As it fell backward, Rogue descended from above and smashed her fist against it, forcing it to the ground where Colossus proceeded to mercilessly pummel it.

"Just stay focused on the fight," Jean cautioned. "The professor and Emma have their part under control."

We don't have things under control, Emma projected to the group.

What? Jean thought.

Cerebro was destroyed by the Hulk and some sort of creature, Xavier explained.

Jean shook her head and reached for the broken pieces of Colossus and Rogue's latest conquest and launched them into the path of the last Sentinel. But then, just as it appeared they'd ended the Sentinels, another wave emerged. As they landed on their rocket-propelled feet, even more Sentinels followed.

"We're going to die, aren't we?" Lorna asked in a small voice as she stared at the endless sea of Sentinels that was now surrounding them.

"Have faith in the professor, Lorna," Beast said in a fatigued voice.

Magneto hovered overhead, a grim smile on his face. He gazed down at the surrounded X-Men and sighed. "This could have been avoided had you simply accepted the reality I've given you. You should all be thanking me!"

Kyle looked at the Sentinels, taking in the way they were all taking aim and waiting for their cue.

"This is your last chance- stop this foolishness and exist in this reality, this paradise. Or die."

Kyle locked eyes with Magneto and shook his head. "I think we'd rather die than live like this."

Magneto shook his head. "Then die."

The Sentinels powered up and Kyle and Jean nodded at each other before focusing on shielding themselves and their friends. But then a strange wind swept across the battlefield and the skies above grew ominously dark as thick clouds began to converge. Thunder rumbled as lightning danced through the clouds.

Kyle's heart hammered in his chest and his eyes filled with hopeful tears. "I hope you're who I think you are," he whispered.

Several streaks of lightning cascaded downward and slammed into multiple Sentinels, decimating them with pure elemental fury. The robots that remained standing lifted their palms to aim at the clouds. All at once, their cold voices spoke. "Mutant DNA detected. Target identified:Ororo Munroe. Code name: Storm. Directive: eliminate."

A/N: cue the X-Men theme.

As beams struck the clouds, Ororo's graceful figure became visible.

"Hear me, Magneto! You would pervert reality to make yourself a king," Storm spoke. "But you did not account for the presence of a QUEEN!!!"

"Fuck, I missed her speeches!" Kyle cheered.

Storm flew with a bearing that was regal and easy, her snow-white hair dancing about as she gathered the wind itself in her hands and began to sculpt it like the elemental artist she was. The wind howled as it heeded her command, shaping itself into a tornado that quickly spun downward and began to mow through the Sentinels

Jean's face lit up with a smile and she turned just as a thick red beam of energy slammed through the crowd, cutting a Sentinel in half. The beam receded and Cyclops moved into view. As he got closer, he let loose several bursts of his optic beams, targeting weak points of nearby Sentinels- knees, elbows, and heads- cutting through enemies with ease.

"Miss us?" Iceman called out. The air chilled as he surfed across an ice slide and leaped off. He landed on the ground and raised his hands, seizing the moisture in the air around him. Two massive fists forged of jagged ice emerged from the ground before him and began to pound the approaching Sentinels.

A pop issued overhead, followed by the scent of brimstone and Kurt Wagner made his appearance, twin swords brandished in his very capable hands. He teleported with frightening accuracy and his swords made quick work of his targets. "En guard, mein freund," he quipped when he appeared on top of a Sentinel's head and drove his blades deep into it.

Magneto glared down at the X-Men and called for the metallic remnants of his army. But then a pair of hands clapped onto his helmet, tugging it away.

"Think fast," Angel teased. He flew in a backward arc, avoiding a magnetic blast. "Get this helmet out of here, Kurt!"

Nightcrawler immediately materialized in the air, plucking the helmet from Warren and disappearing.

"He's vulnerable! Psychics- you're up!" Cyclops commanded from Jean's side, a smile gracing his lips.

Jean and Psyclocke looked up at Magneto and flexed their mind. Two potent telepathic blast struck him, sending him falling to the ground as tremendous psychic pain exploded in his head.

"Is that all of them?" Cyclops asked, spinning in a slow circle to take in the destruction they had wrought.

"Ain't that enough?" Rogue asked in a teasing tone.

"You...fool!" Magneto cursed as he knelt in the distance, his face contorted in disappointment and pain. "Do you have any idea what you've just done."

"Looks like we took out the trash," Iceman replied.

Magneto chuckled. "No. No, you've awakened it. The island. Without a source of sustenance, it'll wake and find it!"

In response to Magneto's words, the ground began to tremble and an unearthly groan rose up from the depths.