All The Help We Can Get

After smuggling Thor into the city and bringing him to the underground lair of the Freedom Fighters, Falcon quickly took his friends aside while Thor stood in the center of the room and looked around.

"Who the hell is that?" Fury muttered.

"His name's Thor," Falcon said before diving into the story of how he'd met him.

Wasp shook her head. "Okay, so let me get this straight. He thinks he's the Norse god of thunder?"

Falcon's smile faltered. "Yeah, I told you he was delusional."

"Then why did you bring a delusional guy into our hideout?" Fury asked, his tone tight and irritable. "Do you know how risky that could be?"

"Well, I couldn't just let him wander into the city and get himself killed. He's clueless as hell and likely to start trouble."

Fury, Wasp and Shang-Chi considered this, their expressions conveying begrudging understanding.

"So, what do we do with him?" Shang-Chi asked. "Are we supposed to help him track down his hammer? Because we definitely don't have time to do that."

Falcon looked over his shoulder and noted Thor's growing impatience. "No, I don't think we need to worry about that. He said the hammer would come to him once he's worthy again."

Fury crossed his arms over his chest. "And how does he say he becomes worthy again?"

Falcon smiled nervously. "He would have to do something heroic. Like help us."

Fury groaned. "He doesn't sound like the kind of hell we could use."

"So we get to babysit the delusional moron?" Wasp hissed.

Thor, whose patience had been exceeded, marched toward the huddle. "I would have you know that I am the fiercest warrior of Asgard. If you are in need of a hero, then you need not look further."

The others looked at him with varying degrees of skepticism.

"Allow me to assist you in your quest. Mjolnir will return to my possession and I will grow in power," Thor continued, oblivious to their expressions. "Then your enemies will cower before my might."

"Why should any of us even begin to believe you are what you say you are?" Wasp challenged.

"I do not have to prove myself to you," Thor heatedly replied as he glared down at her. "You would be fools to turn down my help. Your numbers are clearly few." He looked around. "Where are the rest of your forces? Surely there are more of you. Were they all cut down in battle?"

Wasp's expression of irritation faded to one of sad loss and she quickly turned away from him. "Yeah," she huffed. She forced her anger to hide her sorrow.

Thor looked at the others, taking in their expressions of loss. "Then it is good that I have come to you," he said in a valiant tone. "My new winged friend has told me that yours is a lost cause. Fear not- I am very good at those."

Hawkeye hobbled into the room on his crutches and moved up to the group. "If Fury's space friend is as good as he says she is we may not even need your help."

Thor scowled. "Space friend? Who is it you speak of?"

Fury smiled. "Good, we're getting to the real reason I've asked for a meeting. There's a lot of history to cover so you'll excuse me if I give you the cliff notes."

Thor lifted an eyebrow. "Cliff notes?"

"Just...be quiet and listen, okay?" Falcon whispered.

"Carol Danvers is a former Air-Force pilot, and a damned good one. She disappeared during a top secret operation only to resurface years later. I met her back in '95 when S.H.I.E.L.D. was still around. We were investigating her presence and I learned that she'd been taken by an alien race called the Kree after she was exposed to the power of a cosmic item called the Tesseract...

Avengers: Vengeanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें