Chapter 15

Date: Sunday, March 13th (2/2)

Luke, Calum, and Michael were sitting in Sophia's room. Sophia was going home tonight since there wasn't much they could do for her while they wait for the results. Sophia also wanted to go to school tomorrow. Luke wanted to keep her life as normal as possible for as long as he can.

"It's been a while since we all have gone out to the bars," Calum said.

"Man, you're right. What if we go on Saturday night?" Michael said.

"That sounds like..." Luke was cut off from Sophia storming into the room.

All the guys could tell that she was angry but from what they don't know.

"Luke Robert Hemmings," She said in a very stern voice looking at Luke.

Luke was shocked. Why was she angry at him? Before he could say anything she continued.

"You promised me that you would always tell me the truth and never keep secrets from me," She narrowed her eyes at him. She was so upset with him.

"What are you talking about?" Luke said looking at her confused.

"Don't act like you don't know. Mom had breast cancer and you never told me. You kept a secret from me. Luke why would you do that?"

"I- uh..." Luke stuttered.

He didn't know what to say to her. His mom made him promise to not tell her. He really wanted to tell Sophia he did because he hated keeping secrets from her but he wasn't going to go against his mom's dying wish.

Flashback- 1 year ago

Sophia just walked out of the room with Michael. Katie looked at Luke.

"Luke come here," Katie said looking at him with tears in her eyes. Luke walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Yes mom," Luke said choking back tears.

Katie grabbed a letter that was next to her and handed it to Luke.

"When Sophia reaches 16 I want you to give this letter to her and Luke please do not tell her about my breast cancer. I don't want her to think that I have been battling cancer for years. I want her to remember me as a fun happy mom when she was 9 years old not one that was also sick. Please do not tell her," Katie said with pleading eyes.

"I promise mom," Luke said.

"Luke, promise me that you will keep my little girl safe and make sure she stays the happy innocent little girl that she is," Katie said while her eyes slowly were starting to close.

"I promise mom. I will protect Sophia and make sure she stays the same little girl that you have always known. You have my word," Luke said with tears falling down his face.

"Thank you, baby. I love you so much," Katie said this time with her eyes completely closed. The machines started beeping and her heart rate went flat.

Luke started crying over his mom's body.

"I love you too mom," Luke said through sobs.

End Flashback

Luke had tears in his eyes. Not like Sophia noticed though. She just noticed he wasn't responding so she ran out of the room but not before saying, "I hate you,"

Ok maybe that was a little harsh but I hate that he lied to me. What kind of brother does that?

Luke's heart broke hearing that Sophia hated him. It felt like she was stabbing him in the heart with a knife. Am I really such a bad brother? Maybe I am. Should I have told her the truth against mom's dying wish? How did she even find out?