Chapter 19

Date: Wednesday, March 16th

Sophia was getting a bone marrow aspiration and biopsy today. She was having so much anxiety about it. She was terrified of needles and Michael was about to stick one into her hipbone. Crystal and Sierra were trying to calm her nerves as best as they could.

"There is so much that I have to do as the maid of honor. How am I going to be able to do all of it?" Sophia asked looking between Crystal and Sierra.

"Simple. I will help you," Crystal said. She loved both Sophia and Sierra so she would do anything to help them.

"Oh my gosh really? Thank you so much, Crys," Sophia said smiling at her.

"Well, first order of business is what are we going to do for the bachelorette party?" Crystal asked.

The three girls looked at each other for a few minutes thinking and then all three of them at the same time said, "A Taylor swift themed party."

"Great minds think alike," Crystal said laughing.

"It's going to be so much fun," Sophia said squealing.

----------------

Michael and Luke were walking to where Sophia was with the girls.

"What would you want to do for your bachelor party?" Michael asked him.

Luke asked Michael if he would be his best man and Michael of course said yes.

"I don't know but whatever you plan make sure it isn't extravagant or expensive. I would honestly be ok if we just hung out at my house and did whatever," Luke said.

He didn't want to spend a fortune on the party. With the wedding and Sophia's treatments, he needed to be smart with where he spent his money.

"I have a perfect idea of what we can do but I am going to surprise you," Michael said smirking.

"I'm scared," Luke said laughing. Michaels's ideas are always insane.

-----------------

Ashton was allowed in the room while Michael did the biopsy but Luke wasn't. Sophia desperately wished he was. She needed him but Ashton was going to have to be enough.

Sophia just changed into a hospital gown. She hated it. It made her feel exposed and the gown was just ugly.

Michael was prepping the tools he was going to use but made sure Sophia could not see them so she wouldn't freak out. He looked up and saw that she was standing by the door. He could tell she was freaking out but he was going to make her be as comfortable as possible.

"Soph, I am going to need you to lay down on your side and face Ashton," Michael said.

Sophia did just that. Ashton looked at her and immediately grabbed her hand to try and calm her nerves.

Michael put on a pair of gloves and grabbed a needle.

"Ok, right now all I am going to do is give you an anesthetic to numb the area. You may feel a little sting but that's it," Michael said calmly.

Sophia didn't say anything but Ashton gave him a nod meaning he could start.

Michael inserted the needle into her hipbone and Sophia immediately felt the sting. She had tears welling up in her eyes. She hated this. Within just a few seconds he pulled out the needle.

Michael pulled off his gloves and walked over to the other side to see Sophia's face. He said, "Ok we are going to wait a few minutes for it to work. You are doing an amazing job so far Sophia. I'm proud of you."