Chapter 38

Date: Saturday, April 16th

"Michael, what the fuck happened?" Calum asked him as they both pushed Sophia into a room.

"I don't know. One minute she was talking to me and telling me to tell Luke that she is sorry and the next minute she was limp in my arms and stopped breathing," Michael paused for a second, took a deep breath, and then continued, "Calum, her heart fucking stopped. I didn't think I would be able to get it back. She hasn't been conscious since she stopped breathing. I can't wake her up."

"Holy shit," Calum said.

Michael and Calum began hooking Sophia up to the monitors and began working on her.

---------------

"How the fuck do we tell Luke? He will be devastated," Calum said to Ashton and Michael.

"We just have to tell him. I feel so bad for both him and Sophia," Ashton said.

"Me too. Once we tell him what just happened and that Sophia was pushing him away on purpose because she wanted to save him from the pain he is going to be so heartbroken. I have known him for years and I know he would have never wanted her to do that," Michael said sadly.

"My heart breaks for both of them. They have been through hell and back for years. They don't deserve this," Calum said.

—------------

Luke was sitting on the couch with Sierra when his phone started ringing. He saw the caller ID said Michael so he picked it up not expecting what Michael was about to say.

The minute the words, "Sophia was rushed to the hospital get here immediately," Luke dropped his phone.

Sierra was shocked by Luke's reaction but picked up his phone to see what was going on and then told Michael they would be on their way soon.

Sierra put Luke's phone in her pocket and then turned to look at him.

Luke's world felt like it was collapsing. His sister is in the hospital. Is she dead? He doesn't know because Michael didn't tell him anything. Luke can feel that something is seriously wrong with his little sister, his sunshine. He wasn't prepared for this but then again when is anyone ready for something bad to happen to their loved one?

"Luke," Sierra said softly. He looked over at her.

"It's going to be ok. Whatever is wrong with her we will get through this together," Sierra said looking into his eyes. She can see the tears forming.

"I am scared. I don't know if I am strong enough for this. I don-," Luke started to say but was cut off.

"Luke Hemmings, stop it right now. Don't talk about yourself like that. You are strong enough for whatever is thrown your way. You have been through so much in your life and have handled all kinds of things. You are strong enough, do not think you aren't. You also have an amazing support system, You have the guys and me. Whatever it is we will get through this. Sophia will be fine. I can feel it in my bones," Sierra said.

Luke thought over what Sierra said. He needed to hear that. He is strong enough. He can handle whatever it is. Sophia has to be alive. She can't be dead not yet anyway. Right?