i - the light that burns the sky

The first thing to invade your senses was the searing brightness, the flash of light feeling as though it was tearing your retinas apart as viciously as those monstrous white claws tore the fabric of spacetime. There was a ringing in your ears, your entire body numb as you struggled to remember where you were and what you were doing.
The imprinted mark from the flash of white left a blotchy mark on your vision, your eyes slowly opening and focusing painfully on your surroundings. Fingers dug into the ground, feeling returning to your fingertips as the grainy sensation of something warm registered in your brain. Colour flushed your sight, the golden-white hue of the ground beneath you becoming more visible. Were you on... sand?

Pushing yourself up off the sandy ground with weak movements, arms shaking and legs unsteady, you found your confused gaze settling on the form of someone beside you. The sight of the person, a young man who surely couldn't be much older than you, suddenly triggered your memory banks.
"Emmet!" You cried out, crawling on all fours in your dazed state to shake the body of the Subway Boss, a sigh of relief escaping you when he groaned and looked up at you, face scrunched up at the daylight invading his vision. When he finally registered your presence he lunged at you, arms wrapping around you and clutching you desperately close. As you held him, a dark shadowy mass became visible in the very near distance. Your heart dropped as the shape came into focus, the sharp angular body becoming worryingly familiar.
"Shit," you hissed, rushing to your feet with unsteady legs and hurrying to the unmoving mass, "Necrozma!"

You knealt down with a skid at the beasts side, your hand gingerely reaching for its head as you tried to stir it awake. The Pokemon did not move, but the steady but quiet thrum of energy within it was proof it was still alive. The dimensional wormhole must have been extremely draining for the poor creature. Pulling out the Ultra Ball from your pocket, you pet the beast one more time and planted a gentle kiss to its helmet before letting it rest within the capsule. Emmet caught up behind you, brushing sand off his coat and removing his hat to shake even more sand out of his hair. He paused, frowning as he placed his hat back onto his head and set his hands on his hips.
"Where are we." He stated, prompting you to finally try and take in your surroundings.

You were on a sandy beach, that was certain. As far as the eye could see was a beautiful cerulean sea, roaring lowly as the waves crashed upon the shore. The skies were blue, the sun vividly shining, and birds could be seen soaring in the distance amongst sparse dotted clouds. You squinted, trying to identify if the birds were from your world or from the one you were supposed to go to. Turning around away from the sea, you saw palm trees and lush flora broken up by several buildings. You took a moment to process your surroundings, unable to shake a newly blooming feeling that you knew this place. The dejavu distracted you heavily - a chirp rang out from behind you, nearly scaring the shit out of you as you turned around.

A fairly large bird, perhaps a foot in height, settled on the sand nearby, its large head tilting as it watched you curiously. It hopped closer to you, letting out a soft pikpikpik as it regarded you. You cursed under your breath, realising what creature this was which in turn told you where you had landed.
"We're in Alola," you groaned, turning to Emmet, "that's a Pikipek. If my knowledge on Pokemon is accurate then that means we are on one of the Alolan islands. I don't think Pikipek are native anywhere else." Emmet blinked at you, clearly unsure how to process that information.

The Pikipek then let out an incredibly loud whistle, wings flapping as it stared off towards the mainland. The soft sounds of approaching feet in the sand had you on alert, your hand reaching for Emmet's arm as he stood in front of you. From behind his shoulder, you found yourself unable to properly see who was approaching - Emmet slid his hand into his pocket, silently handing you Xurkitree's Ultra Ball. You gripped it with shaky hands, hoping your Ultra Beast was able to handle coming out if it came to it.