xiv - borrowed light

As the Champion simply gave in to their body's needs, the four trainers surrounding them grew quiet. The night had already progressed to a very late degree, with only the sounds of Murkrow and Hoothoot providing evidence that life even existed beyond the walls of the resort. Emmet's eyes widened at the thought, an idea springing to mind.
"If we move her, we will have to fight with stairs and doorways the whole way there. So. What if a Pokemon moved her?" Emmet thought aloud, glancing to the collection of Pokeballs on the desk in the room before his eyes darted to the balcony. Guzma raised a brow, scoffing at the idea.
"What, you wanna toss her out the window into a Pokemon's waitin' arms? Heh. Don't think any of our partners are big enough, bro."
"One of hers is massive," Emmet replied without hesitation, leading the other three in the room to stare at him quizzically, "It has long arms, delicate cables, and knows to be gentle. Everyone is asleep. We could have it reach into the room and carry her back to the lab without scaring anyone."
Kukui's face dropped at the mention of cables, horrified recognition visible in his glare, "Please don't tell me she has an Ultra Beast."
"I won't, then," Emmet stated, "though you reeaallly should know these things."
"Look, Guzma cleaned her wounds so she doesn't need to be moved too urgently. She can just rest here for the night and we can take her back first thing tomorrow morning." Kukui huffed, rubbing his temples with a frustrated expression as he tried to ignore the creeping realisation that there was an Ultra Beast in the Champion's posession.
"If she stays, so do I. I am not leaving her again." Emmet almost growled at Kukui, but it was Guzma who seemed more offended.
"My dudes, it's my fuckin' room!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation.
"And?" Emmet replied simply, his sickly sweet smile leaving Guzma all but ready to throw hands.
"Oh would you guys shut up?" Elesa snapped, strutting into the fray with a fierce confidence only a professional model and gym leader could pull off, "Honestly, you're as bad as his brother," A scowl was sent Guzma's way, "Emmet, I don't make it a habit to blindly trust your judgement but I'm gonna put my vote behind your weird idea. Move her whilst she's sleeping, have this Pokemon of her's lift her out, haul her to this lab of yours. How tall is this thing, anyway?"
The three men in the room stayed silent as Elesa spoke, with only Emmet making a sound as he hummed in thought.
"It's about twice my height." Emmet spoke once he had a moment to ponder it over.
"How tall are you? Like, eight feet?" Elesa teased before she strolled over to the balcony to peer at the ground, "Hm, okay! It shouuuuld be able to reach in. Which Pokeball is it?"
Kukui quickly got up to stop Elesa when she reached for the Champion's Pokemon, his eyes wild with panic.
"Woah, woah! Wait one moment, yeah," Kukui blurted out before glancing over at Emmet, "Be honest, Emmet. Is this thing a Xurkitree?"
"I thought you didn't want me to tell you." Emmet asked, smiling blankly. Guzma couldn't help but snort at the sass.
Kukui waved his arms around in a fluster. "It's a figure of speech, Emmet! Does she have a Xurkitree?!"
"Yes. It's verrrry polite," Emmet responded, his simple unchanging grin completely contrasting from Kukui's paling face of abject horror, "Elesa, it's the Ultra Ball. Be verrrrry gentle with it."
Elesa shot Emmet an analysing glare, clearly unsure what kind of Pokemon this even was. Still, she picked up the ball off of the belt, opened the balcony doors, and pressed the button on the capsule to unleash Xurkitree.

The Ultra Beast writhed to untangle its massive cabled limbs, the flashing bulb of its head rising steadily as wirey feet pressed into the ground. It easily rose to the balcony, peering in with a cheerful buzzing sound and waving to Emmet, who eagerly waved back. Guzma all but ran to the other end of the room, his usual confident demeanour zapped away by the Ultra Beast's presence.
"Emmetwhatthefuckisthat." Elesa stammered, eyes wide and mouth agape as the gigantic monster loomed.
"That's Xurkitree," Emmet replied rather simply, "we call it Xurk, though. He's a good boy." Standing up to go walk over to the giant electrical creature, Emmet began softly cooing to Xurk as if it were a baby Pidgey. To Kukui and Elesa's joint bewilderment, the Ultra Beast responded lovingly, reaching up with coppery hands to touch Emmet's hair. The static caused the hair to instantly fluff up, drawing a short sharp chuckle from the man.
Elesa stepped forward, her eyes still wide though her open-mouthed gasp was now more a smile of awe. "Is it an Electric-type?" She asked, giggling giddily when Emmet nodded, "Oh my stars! You are dazzling, aren't you? Horrifying but truly electrifying!"
Xurkitree wiggled with a merry whirring sound, the pale white head glowing more intensely. The light quickly dimmed when it caught sight of the Champion though - a low buzz escaped the creature as it peered closer, a long cable mass reaching in to delicately point to the unconscious form.
"Ah. Yes. We need your help, Xurk," Emmet informed the alien tree, nodding and humming as the beast buzzed and groaned, "Yep, yep. She's fine. We need you to hold her, though." Xurkitree whirred again, gently shaking its arms around.
"Wait, you can communicate with it?" Elesa asked, eyes sparkling with delight.
"Nope. I just talk confidently and hope it understands." Emmet replied blankly, refusing to elaborate.
"Oh."
Guzma, from his new hiding spot by the room's doorway, suddenly found himself no longer willing to participate. Kukui sighed as he hurried over to his side, frowning when he realised Guzma was beginning to hyperventilate. Elesa and Emmet looked back in confusion, with Xurkitree whirring happily behind them in an oblivious manner.
"Hurry up and get going," Kukui commanded, gesturing to Guzma with a brief nod of his head, "We haven't had the best memories with those types of Pokemon on these islands. We'll catch up."
Elesa hesitated, her face riddled with concern as she watched as the white-haired man went through what could only be described as a panic attack at the sight of the monster. Emmet, meanwhile, went straight to work coaxing Xurkitree's long arm into the room, helping the creature delicately wrap its wirey fingers around the comatose Champion. Despite its size and electrical typing, the beast was incredibly gentle and precise with its movements - the Champ was lifted with ease, cradled by their doting Ultra Beast, before being slowly lifted out of the balcony to the quiet resort grounds outside. Xurkitree whirred as if to soothe the human in its arms, its bulb-head glowing in a mesmerising display of mild Hypnosis to keep the small being comfortably asleep.
"Wait there!" Emmet told the creature, which seemed totally content to stand around with the smaller lifeform in its care. Rushing past Kukui and Guzma (with Elesa whispering a quick 'hope he's okay!' to the Professor), the two Unovan Trainers grabbed the Champion's belongings and headed out through the fairly empty hotel corridors. Luckily for them, the ground floor lobby was also dead - a janitor worked to vacuum the floors, headphones on and blasting some sort of rock tune, totally unaware that two people had just zoomed past him.