26. Detention

•••

•••

Finding two petrified bodies in the library could traumatize anyone. Unfortunately for Amelia, she couldn't step foot in the library afterward.

Once the quidditch match was canceled, Erine was informed about what happened and was instructed by McGonagall to remove The Slytherin from the library. Because she wouldn't move from her spot. Almost as if she was petrified herself.

Although it was getting warmer, flowers were in bloom, and merpeople were seen on occasion swimming up, it didn't change the tension rising in the castle. Muggle-borns were weary of the Slytherins once again. It was worse now with Dumbledore gone from the castle.

While some Slytherins, Draco Malfoy, terrorized everyone he could. Some even believed he was the true heir of Slytherin.

The school began to take precautions. They passed a stricter curfew, all students to be in their respective common rooms at 8, Teachers had to now walk students to their next classes (which was more of a hassle for teachers), and no visiting those who have been petrified, in fear that who done the crime would come back and kill the muggle-borns.

Amelia was distraught about not being able to visit Justin and update him on all the material he is missing, though Pomfrey has told her before that it is unlikely for him to hear her. Still, she tried.

When the Slytherins found out it was Amelia who found the bodies (and reported them to the headmaster) many were, unsurprisingly or surprisingly, annoyed at the girl.

" Should have left them for the heir to finish the job." Malfoy's voice pierced through the loud voices of the common room. Amelia sat at one of the study tables, alone, attempting to distract her mind with homework after not being able to sleep the night before.

"I would never do that," Amelia said firmly as her grip on the quill tightened. A couple of eyes turned to look at the two. Draco standing beside the table with both of his goons behind him.

" Shame. A real Slytherin would know better. Maybe the heir will hear this and start attacking all blood traitors. Starting with you and your filthy family Weasley. " spat Draco. His eyes drilled holes into Amelia's head. Anger fills them. A few snickers were heard from the students listening. Pansy and her other two dormmates laughed the loudest.

" you're not wishing death upon me are you, Malfoy?"

" Better to get rid of all of you while the heir is at it."

Amelia let the quill drop from her hand and picked up her wand that lay beside the ink.

" I thought you have learned your lesson to not pick a fight with me. Have you learned anything? Especially during the break?" She inquired. She noticed the smirk on Draco's face fall for a second.

He made Crabbe and Goyle swear to not tell a soul. Even when his nose started to swell they asked him what happen. Like they weren't present when Amelia punched him. Draco didn't know if they were teasing him or simply plain stupid.