FIVE [ Becoming the other Dove Chen ]

The second time I woke up, I was bounded up and couldn't move an inch.

Eyes wandering around the familiar whiteness of the ward; nose picking up the antiseptic smell that only a hospital seems to emit from the inside and out; the warm, rough palm that tightly held my hand.

"Water" I spoke out, rasping and unused to the new sound of my voice. It sounds too young, too sweet, and innocuously kind.

"Water? Oh, oh here!"

The middle-aged woman rose from her seat and took a water bottle and put a straw in the center of it. I almost drank the whole bottle and finally quenching my thirst, I looked at the concerned stranger facing me.

"What's my name?"

I was afraid, deeply terrified of what she would answer but I was awfully curious. I have so many questions to ask, so many answers left unanswered for the time being, and am extremely on cold feet about what would happen to me.

I may not be looking forward to the future but I do have feelings of fear.

"Your name is Dove Chen and I am your mother, Mia Chen"

At the same time, her words transmit to my ears, and my ability to understand words began to fall short. I become transfixed at the two names that left her mouth, two names that were very familiar and held close to my heart.

Those two names immediately made me understand what situation I am in.

"I want to sleep," I said, lay down on the standard bed, and closed my eyes having mixed feelings.

On one hand, I never wanted to wake up from this dream again and on the other, I was worried about my mother.

So I just tried to sleep it in and hope that the moment I woke up I could find the answer.

...

Mia Chen was deeply worried over her daughter, seeing her condition of Dove made the world seems to fall on her shoulders. It seems like the world thinks that she still hasn't suffered more and decided to carry it to her sweet, well-behaved daughter.

Dove was her only daughter. Dove was the hope that allowed her to still live in this world. Dove is her only family left in this world.

"Doctor, will my daughter still remember me?"

"Ma'am, we cannot be exact about what your daughter's situation is. You said that she suffered from a concussion over the accident, and with her losing her memory that alone could have multiple possibilities. Whether it is the only thing that is left of her, we are not sure. We saw the scan and there were only abrasions left on her outer skin, her brain waves seem to fluctuate but they did stabilize. We can only wait for your daughter to wake up so we can identify what happened internally on her body"

Such words made Mia Chen collapse, even the doctors are unsure of her daughter's situation and her hope was crushed.

In the end, she was left with consolation and a paled Dove Chen.

***
Chapter 5 is up!

What would it feel like if you become another person? All of these memories and experiences that the original soul integrates with your new soul, can be quite painful and shocking honestly. Though I still daydream of being knocked by truck-kun to another world but on the other hand I want to be myself.

Hope you like this chapter!

Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.