NINE [ The male lead ]

"No need"

The boy purses his lips, the dirt and grime couldn't hide his beautiful features. A mere child yet his eyes show alienation from the people and the world around him.

Such a cute dumpling would then grow up into a black-bellied antisocial guy creating havoc on the world. One cannot truly base one's character around their face.

"No, it's only fair to repay my favor to you" with a cunning yet pretentious smile, I continued. "You don't want to owe favors right?"

Favors are meant to be repaid, in this society, favors are something to be done no matter the difficulties as one can always feel burdened by the thought of it.

His lashes fluttered as he looks at me with indifferent eyes before he opened his lips. "No"

She hid the deepening smile from her mind. It always feels like she's bullying this kid but it was not true. Maybe a bit.

"Then have dinner with us"

I didn't wait for his response and opened the door, a spare home slipper was given to him and with an inviting smile, I watch him inadvertently as he steps inside with a cautious attitude.

"Sit down"

"No need, just give me the food"

I look at him, blinking innocently but he didn't even blink and continued waiting for me to act. With a sigh, I walk to the kitchen and packed some lomei in a plastic bag, and brought it to him.

"Thank you" he politely responded, alienating me further on.

"No need, you helped me get my ID so this is what you deserve. If it weren't for you I would not be able to enter school tomorrow so don't be burdened by this simple gift of mine"

With a last smile, I watch him wipe his hands before taking them from me. A flash of idea came up in my mind, he was filled in dirt and grime and must have felt embarrassed to sit.

After finally being sure of his schedule, I finally managed to 'lose' my school ID and was soon picked up by him who was rummaging for things to sell in the garbage collector.

"I'll clean it first"

Without a proper goodbye, he left and closed the door but not without taking the slippers with him.

"Tch, he's a bit difficult, but who. made him the male lead?"

Yuan Shen, the male lead.

He was known to be a broom star, a wild seed, an ominous boy.

He lives by working odd jobs and jumping from one trashcan to another.

He was also the male lead, one that has serious mental issues and unbroken his three views on the future.

Dove Chen, white moonlight of the male lead Yuan Shen.

Also died due to protecting him.