TWELVE [ A plan for a new life ]

"I'm going out"

Mia Chen, my mother, looked away from her cooking and swiftly wild her wet hands to her shirt.

"The city library here is too far from our home, are you sure you can walk? Why don't I give you some money for the bus fare" She dug out some pennies in her pockets and was about to go to her room to get more when I stopped her.

"I can walk"

Mia Chen looked at her daughter, that well behaved face was still the same but was stained with coldness and stubbornness. Even she as a mother couldn't change her daughter's decision.

"Fine, but you have to get these in case of emergency" 

An amount of ten yuan was pressed into my hands and into my pockets before I was allowed to leave.

As I walk, I smell the familiar street food being fried and smoked for customers to see; dozens of bicycles and other transportation vehicles making the already narrow street even more smaller; aunts of all families sitting in one area gossiping about another girl who was married to a local tyrant and several other things that one could come up with when seeing the busy streets.

I wiped the sweat that continuously poured into my neck, the sun was high up in the horizon and endlessly brought forth heat from every crevice of my body.  Soon, my back felt cold and the sweltering heat was lost from the air conditioner from the city library.

"Hello, this is the city library what books do you need?" A gentle-looking middle-aged woman, I'm assuming a librarian, asked.

"I wish to borrow middle school books and exam practices" I then handed out my school ID and allowed the librarian to scan and record it.

"You can now borrow but you only have a week to bring it back to the library unscathed otherwise you have to pay a fee if it is damaged or not brought to the date it was assigned to"

I nodded in understanding before placing my school ID in my bag and officially entering the library.

Thousands of books met my vision, a trolley was seen on the side and I took one and then wandered around to the middle year section. Math, English, Literature, and other subjects were placed in the trolley. Some of the practice exams and tests from varied subjects were also placed into one trolley.

I planned to be with the male lead and ensure that I was given everything that I wanted given that he was the favored son of heaven in this world and was a yandere. On the other hand, if he and I are unable to become more than friends then I would have another backup plan— that is to study and graduate.

After packing up the books, I brought them with me and walked back to my house. It took me twenty minutes to walk from here to my house but now, due to the constraints from heavy books, I have arrived late.

"Tch, look at that vixen-like face, tsk"

"I told you, a lot of men boasted of having touched that fox ugh! If my man dared to say that I'll cut his limbs off!"

"She should be cast out of this place, it's like rat poop mixed with chicken soup! Too immoral!"

These aunts are talking behind someone's back again and if it was before, I would have not cared but now, looking at the paper-thin and very much familiar woman before me, my eyes lit up.

It's time to move.

***********************

Advance Merry christmas! To all of you that are still waiting for to date a for this book, I really do not know when I will update or if I ever will.