THIRTEEN [ The catalyst ]

"Auntie, is that your child?"

I pointed to the bear children wrestling with each other and soon, several mothers left their usual place of gossip and take their children out.

"Stop it!"

"You stubborn child! It seems like you still need some spank!"

"Your father will deal with you later!"

Of course all those threats were nonexistent in bear children as they even kicked, slapped and punched their mother's arms and legs that were trying to separate them.

Even the aunts that were cooking in the upper rooms of this dingy apartment looked out, each watching the fun. Some of the mothers who's children was now being beaten became livid, their faces colored in pig's liver and directly slapped their children's bottom.

They have lost face!

I, on the other hand calmly went to the entrance of the apartment when I almost stumbled from the large amount of books that my hand tried to carry.

"Let me help you" a timid voice, just like a mosquito buzzing rang from behind me.

"No, it'll trouble you auntie" I uncomfortably responded, but still pretending to have the ability to carry all the books I have in me.

"It's fine, I'm very sturdy"

Looking at the thin arm, pale complexion that seems to never walked out of the sun and the gentle brows and eyes that seems to drip out of water— it is very far from the word sturdy.

"Okay then, thank you so much for your help auntie"

The two of them started to gather the books in their hands, each carrying a dozen each and walking up to the stairs. There was no conversation, no more idle talks and just moving around up and down.

I knew why she was like this, for the Male lead's mother to be thrown in disgusting, false rumors of being a promiscuous, vain woman. In the story, she was a kindhearted naive woman with two ordinary working parents. She fell in love with a man and marry him and in turn suffered hardships that no woman ever wanted to experience again.

The man began to seek out rich, young women to fool and soared as a Phoenix man. Abandoning his wife and son, thus the two mother and son can only rely on their selves to survive.

With countless rumors surrounding the divorce, she, the woman was in a disadvantage and soon rumors flooded their homes. So they have to leave their hometown and settled here but who knows? The Phoenix man made sure that his pair of wife and child would never barge into his rich life anymore and spread rumors of her infidelity and promiscuousness.

"Thank you so, Auntie..."

"Yiren and it's okay, I just repaid my son's favor for you"

She soon left without asking for anything, not even staying for a second inside their house. It must be because of the rumors surrounding them and the fear of implicating others.

But who made Yiren the mother of the male lead? Who made her die in the near end of the year? Who made her the catalyst of the male lead's Pandoras box to open?

Well, I have another favor to repay.

***

I started my new work! I no longer work at my previous company and worked for a new one. It is near the mall so yeah, I don't have that much money now haha

Anyways, enjoy, I dunno if I'll upload more or write more chapters. Let's see 🙈