ch2 moving

authors pov

12:00 PM [TOWN], [COUNTRY]

y/n closes the back of the jeep.

"that's everything," she shouts, tying up her locs. "can we leave now?"

"yeah. gimme a sec. i'm just texting arson that we're leaving. can't believe that he's gonna let us stay with her at beach city,"

"they are the best sibling in law i could ever ask for," y/n says, getting into the passenger seat of the car. jerimiah gets into the driver seat.

"i haven't even asked them to marry yet," he says, turning the key of the car.

"you're twenty six, you've been with him since you were..." y/n tries to think how long arson and her brother have been together.

"eleven-"

"exactly! eleven years!" y/n says as jerimiah begins to drive down the motorway to beach city. it isn't exactly that far from where they used to live. "i think you try an engagement or something if you're both ready,"

jerimiah hums, rubbing his chin, his left hand on the wheel.

"i'll think about it," he says. "wanna pick a song?"

"need to know," y/n says, taking his phone, connecting it to the car. she presses the song on spotify and it starts to play though the speakers.

"you're addicted to that song," jerimiah laughs. "so is arson,"

"arson has good taste," y/n shrugs, humming along.

~

"how long is it gonna take till we get there?" y/n asks, drinking a cold drink. her and jerimiah have stopped at little gas station for a little break.

"maybe about two hours? one and a half if i go beyond the speed limit," he says, sucking his ice lolly.

"and then you go to jail?" y/n asks, putting the empty bottle of [favourite cold drink] in the trash bin. "imma just wait those two hours,"

~

"so beach city..." y/n mumbles searching the city on her phone. her eyes go wide at the things that have happened there in the last years. "gems...little home-school...fusion-fusion. when two or more people be in sync and bond together in fusion,"

"yeah." jerimiah says, lowering the music. "arson said it happened to her once and she started to freak out because she thought it was cheating. i told him that it was fine but they wouldn't stop apologising,"

"is it fun?"

"she told me it was weird but she had a good bond with that gem so it was fine,"

"so you need to have a gem and have a good bond with that person to bond with them?" y/n asks, scrolling on her phone for more information.

"that's what they said,"

~

"oi..." jerimiah says, nudging sleeping y/n. y/n swats his arm away, rubbing her eyes. "we're here,"

she opens her eyes with a yawn, taking off her seat belt.

"it's my favourite l/n!" arson says, opening the car door. y/n gets out the car, jumping onto arson.

"yep. thanks bae," jerimiah says, taking the luggage out of the boot of the car. "i love how my sister's your favourite out of all of us,"

"and why would i say you're my favourite, miah?" arson says, wrapping the arms around y/n. "how you been, sis?"

"tired, your man hurt me," y/n fake whines. arson kisses y/n's forehead, rubbing her back.

"what did you do to my baby, l/n?" arson asks jerimiah. jerimiah deadpans and walks back into arson's house with luggage in his hands.

"how..? i can't even be assed anymore with you," he mumbles.

arson and y/n laugh, walking in the house together.

~

"be safe!" arson says at y/n as she walks out the house. "if you get lost, call me!"

"i will!" y/n says, putting in one of her earphones in her ears. she plays kiss me more at a low enough volume that she can hear what's going on around her.

she walks down the streets ending up on a beach. she breathes in the fresh air before she hears something. she turns to left of her, before hearing a voice.

"watch out!"