ch9 perfect

authors pov

21:00 PM BEACH CITY, DELMARVA

"steven?" connie says, walking downstairs. she reaches the end of the stairs, seeing steven pacing in the kitchen. "you okay?"

"connie, i have no idea what i'm doing. she just called me love. does that mean anything? is it a nickname?" steven says as he continues to pace.

"steven," connie says as she looks over to him. "calm down steven, take a deep breath. you're freaking out over nothing,"

"are you sure?" steven says. connie pushes him into a hug.

"yes. i'm sure," connie says.

"now, let's try and win over the girl of your dreams,"

"you mean you're going to help me win her over?"

"isn't that what i said?" connie says, faking innocence. steven glares at his best friend.

"connie!"

~

the sleepover went great. they continued to watch many other cartoons while have snacks and many fizzy drinks, plus amyethst watching and joining in for a bit.

at midnight, steven suggested that they should brush their teeth just in case they fall asleep so they're teeth hygiene would be perfect.

connie went first, leaving y/n and steven alone. y/n thought it being no different and lied on steven legs. steven started to blush making y/n think that there is something wrong.

after connie, y/n went to brush her teeth and she also put on her bonnet. when she came back, there was a pillow fight going on between steven and connie. apparently, they were fighting for someone's love.

steven went after y/n, leaving y/n and connie together. they shared gossip and information; leaving steven clueless when he came back and they were both laughing.

~

at three in the morning, pearl came to check on the teenagers. she looks to see that y/n is sleeping on steven, steven's arm is around y/n and connie is on the beanbag with a snore.

"they look adorable," she coos, getting a blanket for each of them. steven cuddles into y/n and she does the same. pearl smiles at them both. "they're perfect for each other,"

the end