Haitani Ran

Haitani Ran - Rain

It was after school and you were at your locker, trying to find your umbrella as it was raining outside. you were fumbling around your stuff gosh, I really need to tidy this up someday you thought to yourself just as your maths book fell out. You bent down to pick it up, but someone else's hand got to it first. You lifted your head and you saw... Haitani Ran. Your childhood crush.

You and Ran went to the same primary school and you had always admired him from afar as he never seemed to notice you. He was always so nice and playful around Rindou and his friends, but he'd always get into fights with the other boys.

One time, he beat a boy up because he made fun of Rindou's glasses. He was always the overprotective type, and you found that adorable about him.

Here he was, kneeling in front of you right here and now, with your book in his hand. His face was so close to yours, and you took this is an opportunity to admire his flawless features up close. Wait, am I acting like a stalker right now? You thought, you were too blinded by your love for this boy that you'd do some weird things without even realising it. You quickly stood up, accidentally hitting your head into his. 'oww, you ok y/n chan?' Ran asked as he rubbed his forehead 'y-you know my name?' You questioned, astonished that he even knew you existed. 'Of course! L/n y/n chan from primary school, right?' Ran said with a closed eye smile, then standing up to hand you the book 'r-right...' you murmur, taking the book from him and shoving it in your bag. 'Will you please let me walk you home?' Ran shyly asks, averting your gaze as his cheeks were slightly tinted red 'wait, wait, wait... why would you want to walk me home? shouldn't you be walking home with Rindou kun or someone else?' Ran chuckled 'Rindou's at his club thing and I wanted to walk home with someone' you blushed. Out of all the people he could've walked home with, he chose you... and he remembers you from pre-school 'sure... but I don't have an umbrella, we'll both get wet' Ran smirked, 'well then, let's share mine'

---

You and Ran were walking side by side under the rain - with the umbrella shielding the both of you, of course. There was a very awkward silence between you two. The silence was interrupted by your clumsiness. You hadn't noticed that there was a small rock in front of you, and you tripped on it. You fell forwards squeezing your eyes shut and waiting for the impact between you and the cold, wet floor... but that never came. Haitani Ran had caught you just in time. The umbrella blew away and both you and Ran were getting soaked in the rain. 's-sorry...' you mutter, clearly embarrassed by what happened just then. 'It's fine! Accidents happen, now we just have to run to your house!' Ran pointed out 'run..? In this weather? We're both going to get sick!' You exclaimed, but it was too late. Ran had your hand in his and was running ahead of you, trying to get to who knows where 'You don't even know where I live so where the heck are you running to?!' You shouted at him, trying not to trip on the slippery ground 'Then lead the way!' Ran shouted back as he continued running.

---

It had took you two only three minutes to reach your apartment, as it was really close to the school. Ran insisted on walking you to your room, and you just couldn't reject him. Here you two are now, you standing in front of the door fumbling around your bag to find the keys and Ran behind you, mustering up the courage to finally confess.

Truth is, he also liked you since primary, but he thought you were trying to avoid him as you'd run away everytime he tried to talk to you. In reality, you thought that he was going to tell you to stop observing him from afar because he thought it was creepy. So you walked away whenever he got close to you, not wanting to hear the words you're a freak come out of you lover's mouth.

You had finally found the keys and raised your hand to unlock the door, but you were stopped by Ran's warm hand on your arm. 'Y/n chan... don't turn around cause I might lose my courage, but...' he paused for a few seconds, then continued 'but.. I like you. I always have. Every since primary...' he paused again, you could almost hear his heart beating 

'y/n... please be mine.. and... I'll be yours in return'