Hanma Shuji

Hanma x reader - angst to fluff

|| requested by @sleepyhotoke ||

I'm sorry if this isn't how you wanted it, I might write another one if I have the motivation :')

the age of the characters is not the same as the manga/anime

your name: baji y/n

It had been 3 months since you and Shuji broke up. He had been cheating on you with another woman.

It was a sunny Saturday morning and the two of you had a brunch date planned. When you got to the café, you saw Hanma talking to a beautiful woman with beautiful long blonde hair. At first, you just thought that she was one of his friends from school, unlike the introverted you, Hanma had made many friends. They didn't seem to notice you as you walked closer to them, and when you were about to call out for Hanma, he had kissed the woman. On her lips. He then pulled the woman into a hug, whispering something inaudible into her ear. You could only make out one thing, your name. 'You guys done yet?' You asked, when they still hadn't pulled away from each other. Shuji quickly pushed the woman away and tried to say something to you, but you had cut in. 'We're done, Shuji.' Tears trailing down your cheeks, you ran away. As you ran, you could hear the woman saying 'No, of course not, Shuji-kun! What I'm saying is that you don't have to pretend you love them, you ca-' You quickly blocked your ears with your hands, not wanting to hear more of their conversation. You ran and ran until you got to your apartment. Once you got to your room, you kicked your shoes off and sprawled yourself on your bed, sobbing loudly. You knew it was the right thing, breaking up with Shuji, but you really didn't want to. You wanted to take back what you had just said earlier, you wanted to pretend you didn't see what happened and continue your relationship with your beloved boyfriend... but you couldn't. It wouldn't be fair on you if you had stayed together. Who knows how many other people he had cheated on you with?

Even thought it had been quite a long time since the both of you parted ways, you often found yourself calling out to him, or accidentally making a meal for two instead of one. Shuji was the only one who was there when you needed someone. Your brother, Baji Keisuke, had stabbed himself during a war between two gangs and died. Your parents had thrown you away the second you were born and your brother, who was only 6 years older than you, was burdened with a task to raise you. He took care of you and gave you all the love that you needed. But... Keisuke had killed himself because he didn't want Kazutora to feel like he was the cause of Keisuke's death, as Kazutora was manipulated by Kisaki to stab Keisuke. Keisuke was the only person who you had truly loved, and you had lost him when he was only 16 on the day of Halloween. Shuji was your best friend at the time and did everything he could to help you. He was always there to comfort you and tell you that it'd be ok. He had spent so much time with you that Kisaki had to threaten to kill you if Hanma kept skipping their meetings just to be with you. This had resulted in Shuji beating the hell out of Kisaki, (which you thought was tremendously satisfying to watch, as he was the real reason your brother died) and you falling in love with Shuji. You confessed you feelings the day you turned 17 and Shuji had returned them.

You lived by yourself in a lonely apartment and you longed for some company. You glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall. 7:28 pm. You had just finished dinner and was thinking about your ex-boyfriend again. You groaned as you rubbed your tired eyes with your hands. You hadn't been doing well after you had broken up with Shuji. In just 3 months, you had lost a lot of weight and was deathly thin. You had dark bags under your eyes and you never had the energy to anything productive apart from grocery shopping, making meals and working at the small convenience store that was near your apartment to pay off the rent. When you made meals, you would take one bite of and lose your appetite. Lost in your thoughts, you hadn't heard the doorbell ring. It was the second time it rang when it had finally got your attention. 'Coming!' You yelled as you slowly walked towards the door. You opened it and there you saw a tall, lean man who was battered and bruised with blood dripping down the side of his face. You immediately recognised who he was. 'Leave.' You demanded, but the man ignored you and rested his head on your shoulder. 'Hanma. Leave before I call the cops.' You repeated, shoving him off of you.