Sanzu Haruchiyo (part 1)

'I wonder what Haru is doing right now...' you murmured as you swung your legs over the barrier.

You were on the roof of your apartment complex, sitting on the thick stone barrier that went around the sides. The barrier wasn't very tall, it was about a meter high and a meter wide. Here you are sitting on there right now, not bothered if you fall off or not. Although you had just recently moved in, you found the rooftop a very nice place to go if Sanzu popped up in your mind, which was most of the time.

You had just came back from Australia a few months ago, as your parents got a new job and had to move immediately. This meant leaving your childhood best friend, Sanzu Haruchiyo. You were around 12 years old when you moved, and you are 27 now. You had finished university and had a very high paying job as a physicist, but you gave all that up and moved back to Japan because there was something missing. A hole in your heart. You knew for sure that only Sanzu could fill up the hole and fix your heart.

'Is he married? Does he have children? Would he even recognise me if we cross paths some day? What if moving back was a terrible mistake?' All these negative thoughts suddenly filled your mind, you didn't even notice the door to the rooftop opening and a pink-haired man walking out.

'That annoying Ran...' he muttered as he continued walking, his eyes glued to his feet. 'Always hiding my pills...' You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard the man kick a pebble across the floor. You quickly turned around and saw him, Sanzu Haruchiyo. Although he was barely recognisable, those scars on his mouth made you remember. Those scars were unforgettable. 'Haru...' you said, as tears trickled down your face. Sanzu looked up and his eyes widened, clearly stunned as this was the first time in ages someone had use that nickname. The last person he could remember using it was y/n. 'Y/n... is that....you're......you're y/n!' He half-laughed half-cried, then sprinted towards you and trapped you in a warm embrace. 'Haru... it's really you...' You said, as you continued to cry. 'Of course it is' were the only words he could get out of his mouth, as he was sobbing with joy too much.

After the both of you had calmed down Sanzu had taken you to a cafe nearby your apartment. It was pretty awkward and you didn't know what to say. Sanzu broke this awkward silence by saying 'Soo... what were you doing on the rooftop?' You replied with 'Thinking. You?' You couldn't possibly tell him you are thinking about him. What if he found you weird? What if he found love and forgot the promise you guys made when you left?

'Y/n!! Promise me we'll get married when you come back!'

Being the love sick 12 year old you were, you immediately agreed to this deal while in tears. You awaited for the day you two would reunite and get married for many years, and here you are, sitting in front of your love, 15 years later.

'Oh I was just....' Sanzu started his sentence, then stopped. Ran had hid Sanzu's pills somewhere, and Rindou told him where they were, but... he couldn't tell you about his drug addiction, not now at least. You tilted your head, clearly confused about why he didn't finish what he was saying. Sanzu noticed your confusion and quickly thought up of an excuse. 'It was 'cause my friend hid my phone somewhere and his brother told me it was at that rooftop. I guess it wasn't though.' To Sanzu's relief, you bought the lie and continued with your conversation. 'Soo... you married yet? Have kids?' You asked, trying to make it sound casual, but Sanzu knew you what you were up to. Of course he hadn't forgotten about the promise he made you, he tried as best as he could to save himself for you, but he fucked quite a few woman every here and there because he'd go with the Bonten admins for a drink at the bar. He never once thought about getting into a relationship with the chicks he fucked though, his heart was reserved for y/n, and only y/n. Sanzu simply replied with a short 'no'

You closed your eyes and sighed with relief after you heard his answer, fearful for the wrong answer as it would probably leave you in tears. Sanzu chuckled and lifted his arm to scratch his head. The sleeve slipped down and it revealed a tattoo on the inner part of his arm... it looked some what familiar, but you couldn't place your finger on where you've seen it before. 'What's with the sigh? You like me or something?' Your face became red and you tried to defend yourself. 'W-What?? Um! No! Why would I like someone like you?' Sanzu's smile faded 'Someone like me? What's the supposed to mean? Are you saying that there's something wrong with me?' before you could reply, Sanzu's phone rang. He checked his phone and muttered 'I have to take this, see you around.'

Sanzu had left around 10 minutes ago and you were still sitting there, dumbfounded. Didn't he say that his friend hid his phone somewhere? How come he had it then? He did look quite rich though... maybe he had 2 phones. Or maybe even more. You decided to leave the cafe, and you are now walking around the streets, alone. You decided to walk to the ice cream shop that you and Sanzu would always go to, but when you got there, it was a bar. Must've got replaced you thought sadly, you and Sanzu had made so many good memories there. A few men walked out of the bar and one of them walked towards you, the other three tailing behind. Startled by his sudden action you walked backwards, and tripped on a rock. You were now sitting on the ground, surrounded by dangerous looking men. 'Long time no see, y/n' Said the man with a clean, straight scar on his left eye as he squatted down so he was on your face level. You noticed that he had the same tattoo design Sanzu had... You backed away, not knowing how he knew your name, and wanting nothing to do with these men. The short purple haired man giggled. 'You're scaring the lady, Takeomi'

Takeomi.... Takeomi... where have I heard that name before? Hmm... You gasped and exclaimed: 'Akashi Takeomi kun!' 'So you de recognise me after all, huh, y/n?' He asked you, smirking, while standing back up and lighting a cigarette. Another black haired man with a scar across his face offered you his hand... and you hesitantly took it. He hauled you up from the ground and introduced him self. 'Kakuchou' he then pointed to the short purple haired man. 'That's Haitani Ran' then he pointed to the other purple haired man, except his hair was much longer and he had a bit of blue on the tips of his hair. 'Haitani Rindou. Ran and Rindou are brothers' 'woahhh who knew??' Ran said, immaturely. You scanned all of them, trying to see if they also had the tattoo design Takeomi and Sanzu had, and they did. The Haitani brothers had it on their necks, and Kakucho had it on his (I FORGOT LMAO. IM NOT EVEN SURE IF HE HAS ONE) 'I don't think it's very safe to let that woman walk around freely after she has just been told our names, Kakucho.' Rindou said, glaring at Kakucho. He simply rolled his eyes and took out his phone. He dialled in a number and walked off to the side to call someone.

You and the rest of the men stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. 'Soo.. why isn't it safe for me to walk around freely after knowing your names, Rindou san?' You questioned, finally breaking the silence. 'You don't know the organisation Bonten, miss y/n?' Ran asked you. Realisation struck you. Bonten. So that's where I saw the tattoo, it was on the news! The news was talking about how Bonten was Japan's largest criminal organisation and a picture of a white haired man with that tattoo design was shown. You backed away, wanting to get away from these men that you thought were from Bonten. You kept backing away until you were stopped by a soft wall. Kakucho. He grabbed you by your arm and put a blindfold on you, then put earbuds in your ears. Someone then harshly shoved you into a car, and after you head all 4 men climb in, you guys drove off.

You wan't to shout, to scream, but you were getting kidnapped by Bonten members and there was nothing you could do about it. Someone had their hand tightly clasped over your mouth, and you were finding it hard to breathe. You beared with it because you were trying to eavesdrop on their conversation, maybe that would help you know where you guys were headed to. 'Boss..... tell........ maybe....... join our..... work..... easier...... intel' It was really hard to hear what the 4 mysterious men were saying, as they were whispering and you had things covering your ears. After what you thought was about 40 minutes, you guys arrived at your destination.

hi guys! sorry i haven't been posting lately but here is a sanzu one shot. it's a little longer than my usuals, so i'll also be writing a part two as well [don't worry, it doesn't end here ;)]

I ALSO DEEPLY APOLOGISE FOR NOT KNOWING WHERE THEIR TATTOOS ARE (OR IF THEY EVEN HAVE ONE) I HAVEN'T READ THE BONTEN CHAPTERS IN A LONG TIME, SO IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS. THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANK YOU.