Chapter 8

I can do this, you can do this

I can do this, you can do this. It's just going against everything you ever went by. Maybe Alec is a bad influence? Jill, be so proud to know that. I think to myself, laughing at the last thought.

I look over to the side. to see the time flashing 9:45. Ok, mama should've left by now. It's time to go.

I didn't take a lot of time to pick an outfit today. As I just throw on whatever I found first. As I just hope for the best.

As I picked a pink strawberry milk sweatshirt and a white skirt. I don't feel like really going all out today, with my outfit. So I just threw on some white chunky platform sneakers. That would be comfortable to walk in.

 That would be comfortable to walk in

Before walking out the door. I quickly look in the mirror to do a quick once over. To make sure I'm at least halfway decent. Well, this should be good enough. Well hopefully at least.

I'm not in that much hurry about going to Jill early, unlike last time. Alec got there around 10 something, last time. And also because I'm feeling quite guilty and bad. About doing this all behind mama's back.

I just can't help but think about how disappointed she would feel about me doing this. But I would also feel bad if I stood up Alec. When he has been nothing but nice to me. and that just wouldn't be quite fair to him.

Or to me, as that would only take away his chance of having a friend. But also my chance as well.

And with that new resolution to myself, I make my way to Jills. For some odd reason, this time when I walked in I felt more at ease with myself. But I also felt guarded, as if my body was ready to run if needed.

When I got to the cafe, the first thing I noticed was how crowded it was starting to get. Seeing as it was more so, the time for brunch. As it was too late to really be counted as the breakfast train. And was too early to be considered for lunch.

But I also noticed, there was no Alec to be found. Since there was no tense tension in the place. Which Alec seems to bring when someone sees him. Which is quite sad, if you think about it.

I mean I could always ask Jill, that is if I can find her. After a while of looking, I found her making her way into the storage room.

"Hey Jill, have you-" "oh, Angelina I didn't know you were here today. I actually want to talk to you about something. Can we talk for a bit?" "Um sure, that's fine. I was just about to ask you if you saw Alec anywhere. I was supposed to meet him today."