1

'The Answer' part 1.

Allen Iverson as Himself
You (the reader) as Jade Brown

*inspired by Hate the Club by Kehlani*

1999

Jade sat in her living room, curled up with a carton of ice cream, fixating herself on an episode of Sex and the City

Jade sat in her living room, curled up with a carton of ice cream, fixating herself on an episode of Sex and the City. It was a Friday night, and with freedom from her overbearing job as a Real Estate Agent, she wanted nothing more than to just relax in the comfort of her own home.

Just her, Ben & Jerry's, and her cat Cleo.

Unfortunately, that plan was interrupted once Jade's phone started to ring. Reading the called I.D., she realized it was her best friend Rajeria was calling her. It wasn't abnormal for Rajeria to be calling at damn near 10 p.m. on a weekend.

She didn't make it a habit because she knew Jade enjoyed having the weekends she didn't have to work to herself, but that wouldn't be the case tonight.

"Hello, Raj."

"Jadieee! What are you doing?" Raj cheered enthusiastically.

"Oh, you know... chilling." Jade spooned some ice cream into her mouth, her eyes still glued to her television.

"Girl, let's go to Avalon tonight!" Jade sighed, shaking her head to decline as if Raj could see her.

"Mm-mm," Jade swallowed the contents in her mouth before speaking, "I'm good, love. Thanks for the invite, though."

Raj smacked her lips on the other side of the call, "Girl! Why not? We haven't went out in awhile, and you know it's gon' be crackin'! They celebrating the game tonight." Raj says. "Besides, Avalon is your favorite place so wassup?"

The game! Of course, Jade thought.

Tonight, the Lakers were playing against the 76er's and of course players and other celebrities of some caliber would be going out to celebrate tonight.

One of those players would probably be Allen Iverson, who also happened to be Jade's ex. Jade met Allen back in '97 when she was in her last year of college.

The two dated for a year, and everything was smooth up until they broke up in Summer of 1998,
after Jade had found out about Allen's infidelities.

Jade always had the feeling that whenever he wasn't home, he was out doing God knows what when he wasn't working. He would always deny whenever she asked and nothing would ever make it back to her, so she never pressed the issue because what she didn't know couldn't hurt her in the moment.