5

"The Answer" Part 3

Allen Iverson as Himself
The reader as Jade Brown

*excuse any errors*

1999

The next morning, Jade had woken up to the feel of  Allen, who was still half asleep, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her body closer to take advantage of her warmth in this moment. He put his face in the crook of her neck and gently kissed it before slipping back to sleep.

Jade groaned softly and looked at the alarm clock on the dresser and it was pushing 11 a.m., which was a surprise for her because she was never able to sleep past 8 a.m. on an off day. But it's obvious that the activities from last night that led into early this morning had something to do with that.

She sat up and swung her legs over the bed, sitting there for a moment to gather herself before trudging to the bathroom slowly as she cringed from how cold it was in the hotel room.

The a/c had stayed on all night, and it was helpful in the midst of their steamy episode, but it didn't serve much use beyond that.

Once she made it to the bathroom, she put the toilet seat down before and easing herself onto it with a slight groan, due to her legs being sore from last night. She felt like she had been in an intense workout session, and with the way she was reciprocating Allen's energy last night, she might as well had been.

She sat in silence as more memories from last night flooded her mind.

The feeling Allen gave her and the passion behind it all would forever be engrained into her memory. The sex was always good, but there was something about 8 months of space and pent-up anger and aggression that made it feel so much better.

Jade knew that after last night, she would have to confront those feelings that went unspoken for eventually. Especially since she knew she didn't want it all to end here. There was too much love between the both of them for it to go unaccounted for.

There was also fear involved, too. Just as much as she wanted to pick it back up, she wanted to leave it right where it was at because she didn't want to put herself at risk of going through the same thing twice. Especially if she could prevent it from happening by having a backbone.

Once she had finished, she cleaned herself up and washed her hands before grabbing Allen's robe off of the hook attached to the bathroom door and sliding it onto her naked body.

When she walked back into the room, she saw that Allen was fully waking up.

Laying on his side, he rested his weight on his left elbow that was propped up on the bed while using his opposite hand to rub his eyes.