6

'So Into You' Part 2

AZ as Christopher 'Chris' Bordeaux
The Reader as Kendra Nelson

AZ as Christopher 'Chris' BordeauxThe Reader as Kendra Nelson

September 1998

'I hope you don't mind me saving you a trip on your Saturdays. I also hope you don't mind seeing me again, hopefully tonight?

Call me and let me know.

-Chris.'

Kendra read the card that was attached to her bouquet with a wide smile on her face.

Since their date two weeks ago, both Chris and Kendra had found themselves taking a liking to each other more and more.

They'd been in heavy communication since that night: paging one another throughout the day, phone calls every morning and/or night during their free time that lasted for as long as possible. It was never less than 20 minutes, though.

All of the time they'd spent talking allowed space for their festering feelings to grow, and Lord knows they wanted to see one another badly. Due to their conflicting and busy schedules, they hadn't really had the time to spend physically within the last week, with the exception of meeting for lunch a few days ago.

But that would change today.

Setting the card on her countertop, she took her time to examine the beautifully, custom-made flower arrangement.

The arrangement consisted of Pink and Red Roses, as well as a few Dianthuses; along with a few Heather flowers placed randomly within the bouquet. Kendra could tell that one of the dianthus flowers, as well as a few roses hadn't bloomed but that didn't matter.

She thought the bouquet was perfect. It was unique, and that's what she loved the most about it.

With a wide smile, she picked the large vase up and carefully went to place it in the center of her glass coffee table in her living room.

The bouquet brought a certain type of je ne sais quoi to her fairly minimal living room. It brought a different type of life to the room, and with one glance, it brightened Kendra's whole mood.

Once the bouquet was placed right where she wanted, she didn't hesitate to grab her phone and dial him up. It was about 9 a.m., and she was more than certain he would be awake because he was opening the store up around this time.

But then again, it was a Saturday so she could never be too sure. She still decided to test her luck, though.

The phone rang a total of three times, and right when Kendra was about to hang up, she heard him pick up.