iv. unusual

It was such a boring morning. Peter dropped an address and asked me to meet him there later on, before he took off to college.

I indeed had some ideas of spending fun time when I'm alone with myself.

1- Meditate.
2- Long Bubble Bath.
3- Get Icecream
4- Write in Your Journal

Now that is a plan list for your typical, life lover teenager, which is definitely not me.

The difference between the previous list and mine, is that my version is slightly contrasting.

1- Cuss.
2- Question my Existence.
3- Mental Breakdown.
4- Fuck Everything.

I then find myself perfectly dressed, standing in the middle of the unusually quiet library.

I borrow the address book from the shelf and pull it down to the table, as I make myself comfortable on my seat.

I slowly skim through it's pages, reading about every family in detail, before stumbling upon the Stacy family again.

Family.

I had a father, but never a dad. I had a mother, but never a mom. Is there a chance I have a sibling too?

I need to search up everything related to the Stacy family, nevermind Peter who doesn't seem interested, and no matter the consequences are.

I was about to flip to the other page, before something catches me off guard.

Their Family Status.
Four, alive. Two, dead.

No names of the dead members where mentioned, however.

It could be the parents. I mean, it's the most common situation in the community, right?

I then push my sides away, and turn the page. I turn it again. And again. And again.

There was nothing worth my time, and zero last names I'm familiar with. Everything I came across was family drama and history.

I then remember what Natasha specifically once mentioned, her mother's case.

She said that no sources were able to track her down, or even find anything related to her, despite the advanced technology of my universe.

Could the same be happening at the moment?

"I am really fucking lost right now" I mumble to myself, hands dipping my hair furiously. "Nothing makes any sense"

I get up and make my way back to return the book, before I read a title grabs my attention.

The Life Span of Norman Osborn ; Father, Scientist, Playboy, Billionaire.

Now that's some catchy little title for foreigners.

Father, scientist, playboy, and a billionaire. Could it be? His name, Norman Osborn, doesn't ring any bells, but the categories do.

I quickly snatch the book and throw it open to the nearest table with excitement.

I'm finally finding the answers I want. I squeal in eagerness and take a deep breath, closing my eyes.

I open the first page.

Oh. Nevermind. He's ugly.

My theory was definitely wrong.

It's alright. It doesn't matter, because a wise woman once said, expect disappointment, so that you can never actually be disappointed.

I slightly smile to myself at the memory of Mj. I miss her and the gang a hell lot, but I'm pretty sure they're better off without me, I'm sure.

I let out a sigh and get up to bookshelf I was once next to, giving back the completely useless book I just took.

I turn around and shut my eyes as I squeeze my hands tightly, focusing on that certain point in the middle of the city.

I am now standing in the crowded streets of NewYork, with people walking into me because of my sudden appearance.

I escape the crowded area and walk down the routes, looking over the shops, one my one.

Hm. A boutique.
Just kidding.
Boring.

Furniture Store.
Off the list.

Hardware Shop.
A dislike.

Starbucks.
Ah, now that's a yes.

I walk into the cafe which just informed it's customers of the release of a new drink. The pleasing scent of the coffee filling my nose, as I directly make my way to the person standing over.

"Your order, please?" the guy speaks, grabbing his pen and notebook.

"I'd love a mocha cookie frappuccino, please" I say as I hand him over my money.

He takes the money from my hand and scribbles my order on his paper. He then looks at me, a responsive smile on his face. "I'm sorry, what was your name again?"

"I.. I never said my name before" I falter with a nervous chuckle, slowly scratching the back of my neck. "But, I'm Irene"

"I am deeply sorry, that was such a creepy way to get your -" he began to say.

"Oh no, that's totally okay" I interject with a huff, swaying my hands around. "It's not a problem, seriously"

"It's just that - you look familiar" the blonde starts. "And - and you remind me of someone, to be honest"

"Oh really, and who might that be?"

"My sister" he clears his throat, nodding as he forcws a smile. "My sister" the boy repeats. "Gwen. Gwen Stacy. She, um.. she passed away.. a while back then"

Oh.

I slightly gulp at what my head just processed then slap myself from the inside, hoping he didn't notice my state.

"I'm sorry for your loss" I apologize to the guy who now has a small frown on his face. "It was not my intention to bring that up"

"Nah, it's not much of a problem, trust me" the blonde assures, offering a smile.

"Howard! Give the customer the drink already!" a person shouts from the office.

"Oh! Yes, I-I'm sorry for keeping you await, here's your drink" Howard chuckles restlessly. "It was such a pleasure meeting you, you should stop by more often"

"I will, thanks Howard" I smile to him and push my way between the line behind me, sprinting my way out.

Now that was something.