xxxix. affection

Peter's name was still called out among the two familiar voices, and he looks at me and shrugs.

He claps his hands together, and sprints down the alleyway, jumping through the portal.

Then I heard a scream.

I run down the alleyway, following Peter as I jump into the portal, the scream frightening me.

As soon as I was on the other side, I recollect my surroundings around me, and I raise my eyebrows in disbelief.

"Ned? Mj?"

"Irene?" they query back.

Suddenly, Ned's grandmother throws a pillow at Peter, who still had his mask on, before sprinting away and hiding in a different room.

"No, no, no! It's okay! I'm a nice guy!"

Peter then ripped his mask off his face.

Ned's mouth was wide open, and Mj pointed at Peter, before a few rushed out words were heard from her. "Who-the-hell-are-you?"

Peter tilts his head, looking at me, before pointing to himself. "I'm Peter Parker"

"That not possible" Mj calmly replies.

"I'm.. Spiderman" Peter continues, nodding to her, "in my world" he then adds.

"Until yesterday.. I was," he explains, between loud breaths. "I was just here"

Mj and Ned look over at each other, puzzlement all over their faces, as they wonder between themselves whether they believe him or not.

Mj shrugs. "Prove it"

Peter eyes her, a look of uncertainty on his face. He tilts his head to my side again, his eyes telling me to do something.

"Er, prove what?" he questions, as he slowly moves around the kitchen.

"That you're Spiderman"

He stops in his tracks, turning to look at Mj. "You know," he stammers, "I don't carry an ID with me.. eh, you know, it kind of defeats, the whole superhero thing -"

A piece of bread was thrown at Peter. By Mj.

Peter grins uncomfortably, shrugging his shoulders. "Why did you do that?" he asks, as Mj puts on her serious look, putting her hands in front of her, in a karate pose.

"I was trying to see if you have the tingle thing" Mj states, shaking her shoulders in defense.

"I have the tingle thing, just not for bread"

Mj quickly snatches another loaf of bread, preparing it for a hit.

"Can you - not throw the bread again?" Peter whispers, with a nervous grin. "You're a deeply mistrusting person, and I respect it"

He sighs, before jumping up to the ceiling, sticking on it with on his fingers, as he sends a winning grin to Mj.

Mj, however, shrugs, shaking her shoulders around again, as a sign of simple disbelief. "Crawl around"

"Crawl around?" he repeats after her, and she nods.

"No"

"Yes, crawl around"

"Why do I need to crawl around?"

"Because it's not enough"

Peter furrows his eyebrows. "This is plenty"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"