12. teamwork makes the dream work

"우리 발밑을 봐봐, New Axis, Axis."

1:34──────I───2:40

↺͏͏◁◁ll▷▷⋮≡

NEW AXIS - NCT U

"Look below our feet, New Axis, Axis"

¤

It took longer than you expected to get the feeling back in your legs.

At times, you caught yourself nodding off on the now scorched wood. You pinched yourself to stay awake, not daring to fall asleep and hear another colorful lecture from that god. Or should it be the god? It didn't really matter.

Through the mundane waiting, you watched the room change a couple of times: a plain dim room, a well lit dressing room, what you assumed to be the master bedroom in the home, and then back to the dim bedroom.

Luckily, you weren't able to get too bored watching the slideshow as your legs finally lost their numbness. For the most part at least.

"Stupid fuckin pufferfish." you muttered grumpily, getting up into a pretty stable standing position. You've always hated cheating and unfair advantages.

You walked calmly, or as calmly your anxiety filled being would allow you to, towards the decorated sliding door.

"How long did that take anyways?" You asked to no one in particular.

You hesitated when you grabbed its handle. Your eyes cast down towards your tattered shirt, really outfit. It looked like you had just been mauled by a bear with knifes for teeth.

Oh shit knives!

You swiftly turned around to go and pick up your dagger, not bothering to go looking for its cover. You'll get it later if you remember.

Anyways

You didn't know how you were going to explain this to Tanjirou. The whole blood everywhere thing.

You weighted your answer choices as you pulled the screen door open.

You ended up deciding that you would not explain this to Tanjirou.

Yes. He was not to get any direct answers from you, and was free to
his own interpretations.

You stepped out into the spacious hallway just as the tsuzumi was hit again.

"I'll just have to pull the foreigner card.." You muttered. You were a bit happy you could use your flaws to work with you rather than against for once.

You began to practically tiptoe through the hallway.

The scenery was different now.

The hallway had a light theme with warm lighting, almost comforting if it didn't reek of blood and bad vibes. One of the most noticeable things, though, was that the hallway was now showcasing two stories instead of one.