27 - Wicked is good?

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" The girl shouted from the top of the tower as she tossed another stone down at the crowd. Clara stepped away quickly, huddling next to Frypan as he held the lid of a garbage can over them.

"Hey! Throw one more of those things and I –" Gally started speaking but was interrupted by a rock hitting him square in the face.

"GO AWAY!"

Thomas came running up to the group, hiding behind Clara and Frypan

"Woah, what happened?" He asked,

"I don't think she likes us very much." Newt answered, ducking behind a piece of wood that Winston was holding as more stones rained down on them.

"I'M WARNING YOU!"

Another round of rocks came down from the tower as she shouted, and Clara and Thomas ducked again. Clara stood up straight, stepping in front of Frypan and shouting up at the tower,

"Hey, woah, woah it's Clara! It's Clarissa!" The rocks suddenly stopped raining down on them and she saw the girl's face peek over the edge of the platform, she raised her hand up, giving the girl a slight wave before speaking again, "I'm gonna come up, okay?" 

The girl's head ducked back behind the wooden structure and Clara took that as a yes. She stepped forward, climbing up the ladder to the platform. Opening the small trapdoor at the top she turned to her left where the girl was holding a machete, aiming it straight at her,

"Woah, it's okay – wait is that Newt's machete? How did – you know what, never mind." Clara said, lifting herself onto the platform and shutting the trapdoor behind her as the girl asked,

"Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?" She asked, shooting questions at the other girl.

"It's all normal okay, we've all been through this. You'll remember your name in a few days, it's the one thing they let us-"

"Teresa."

"What'd you say?"

"My name. It's Teresa."

"Right. I'm Clara, but you already knew that apparently."

"They said I kept saying your name in my sleep, your name, and someone else's. Thomas? Who are you?"

"I don't know. I can't remember, none of us here remember anything. We all arrived the same as you, alright? I promise." Clara reached forward, gently taking the knife from Teresa's hands and laying it on the floor next to them.

"What's going on up there?" A voice shouted down below, Clara stood up and walked over to the edge,

"Is she coming down?" Newt asked, looking up at them. Clara scanned the boys until she found Thomas's face.

"Thomas, come up here." She shouted before looking at the rest of the boys, "Just give us a minute here, okay?"

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

"She's the last one, ever. What does that mean?" Teresa asked, looking at Thomas and Clara. The three of them sat on the platform, their legs dangling off the edge.

"I'm not sure. Ever since you came up the box hasn't gone back down. I think it's just got everyone a little bit worried. Especially Gally." He answered, and they looked down at the builder who was staring at them with his arms folded over his chest.

"He thinks it's my fault." She said and Clara turned to her, looking her up and down again, trying to remember anything about her.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" She asked Teresa,

"I remember water. Feeling like I was drowning. These faces, staring at me. And this voice, a woman's voice saying the same thing, over and over."

"Wicked is good." Thomas finished the sentence for her,

"So, you both have freaky dreams? Good to know." Clara mumbled

"Dreams?" She asked, and Thomas started explaining

"Ever since I arrived, I've had these dreams. Or I thought they were dreams. You and Clara were there. And you, Teresa, you told me that everything was going to change."

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know I just – I just always get pieces."

"And the others, they don't remember anything?"

"No."

"Why are you two different?" Clara questioned, joining the conversation again. Teresa reached into her pocket, pulling out two cylinders filled with a blue liquid. Clara took one and handed the other to Thomas, she rotated it around. Reading the letters engraved on the metal: WCKD.

"Wicked is good." Thomas mumbled,

"What if Thomas and I were sent here for a reason?" Teresa questioned, and Clara looked up at her, an idea forming in her mind.

"Alby."