30 - The aftermath

|| A/N ||

Hey ya'll, apologies for such a short chapter, but don't worry, the next one is much longer and much, MUCH, more interesting ;)

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

"ALBY!" She shouted as the claw wrapped around him, lifting him up, she jumped toward him and grabbed one of his arms as Thomas ran forward and grabbed the other, both of them trying to pull him back down.

"Thomas. Get them out." Alby grunted at the boy before the griever snapped its limb up, yanking Alby out of their grip and pulling him away.

"NO!" Thomas screamed as Alby disappeared, looking at Clara before running towards the door.

"Thomas, wait!" Teresa yelled but he was already opening the door and stepping outside. Clara jogged forward, walking out the door behind him, taking in the sight before her. There were fires scattered all over the glade, but no more grievers to be seen. 

A tear rolled down her cheek as she looked around her home, now completely destroyed and Newt walked closer to her, hooking his pinky around hers and looking at her. She noticed that he was also crying, the fires in the distance reflecting in the streaks running down his face. 

In her peripheral vision she noticed someone walking towards the group, as he got closer, she realized it was Gally, and he was fuming. He stormed up to Thomas and punched him straight in the face. Clara's hand flew up to her mouth as Thomas collapsed to the floor and she felt Newt's pinky unwrap from hers as he stepped forward, putting himself between Gally and Thomas.

"This is all you Thomas! Look around!"

"Gally back up it's not Thomas's fault!" Winston yelled as he tried to push back the builder with Frypan.

"You heard what Alby said, he's one of them! He's one of them and they sent him here to destroy everything and now he has! Look around Thomas! Look around, this is your fault!"

"Gally calm down man!" Frypan yelled,

"No! Get off me! You're not listening to me! He's one of them, he's ruined everything! You've ruined everything Thomas!"

Clara suddenly turned to look at Thomas as he screamed in pain, she glanced down and saw what he'd done, he stabbed himself with the griever needle. She quickly knelt down next to him, taking the needle out of his hands, and lying him down flat on his back.

"Teresa, the syringe!" Clara shouted and the other girl reached into her pocket, grabbing the silver cylinder, and handing it to Clara who stabbed it down into Thomas's arm. "Alright help me take him to the med room, or whatever's left of it." She said, backing away so the other boys could lift him up.

"No." She turned and saw Gally pointing a spear at her, a few of the other builders doing the same to Frypan, Winston, Newt, and Teresa.

"Gally, calm down." she said, raising her hands as the other boys lowered Thomas back to the ground.

"No Clara. Come on! Look around you, look what he's done to the glade, to our home! This is all his fault, and none of you are listening to me!"

"What are you saying?"

"You're going to tell me that it's a coincidence that as soon as Thomas and the girl show up everything goes to shit? There's gotta be a reason Ben attacked him, you all heard Alby say he remembered seeing Thomas."

"Okay. Okay Gally, so what do you suggest we do?"

"Throw him in the pit."

"And the rest of us?"

"Either stick with him and get banished at sundown or join me."

"Okay, just – just put down the spear. I believe you." Clara said, stepping forward and lowering Gally's spear. She moved and stood next to him, looking at Newt who raised an eyebrow at her. "Winston, Minho, take Thomas to the pit." She directed them.

"I'm going with him." Teresa stated,

"Are you sure?" Clara asked,

"Yes."

"Alright. Gally, take her with Thomas." The builder nodded and grabbed Teresa's arm as Winston and Minho dragged Thomas's body towards the pit. Newt stepped forward, grabbing Clara's shoulder,

"What the hell are you doing?" He hissed,

"Oh, calm down, I'm not on that nutjobs side. Just try to co-operate until Thomas wakes up, then we can make a plan, okay? I don't know about you but I'm not really in the mood to be banished right now."

Newt nodded and let go of her arm, walking away and following Gally to the pits. Clara felt an arm wrap around her shoulder and heard Frypan's voice,

"You okay Clar?"

"Oh, definitely not."

"Yeah, me neither. Come on, we've gotta try and get some rest." He said, leading her towards a small section near the homestead where some of the boys were already lying down. The pair of them joined the others and found a soft patch of grass, they lay down and Clara curled into Frypan, who wrapped his arms around her, and she fell asleep quickly, despite the terrifying images that were burned into her mind