Roadtrip

Before Roxy, Axel, and Gregory drove off out of the city, they quickly stopped by home and picked up some supplies they will need for the trip, such as food, clothes, water, and Axel decided to bring the fire pit in the backyard along because their drive may take a few days.

The road they were driving down was pretty desolate, and not a lot of cars were seen on the road. Gregory looked outside at all the snow, and the leafless trees, for sure they are in the country now. "Where are we going?" Gregory said, "We need to get as far away from the city as possible" Roxy said.

"I think I know where we can head" Axel said while getting out his phone, and soon pulled out google maps and pinned the location, and put it to direction mode and hooked it up to the car with Bluetooth. "Normal, Illinois? You wanna cross through 4 states? To where?" Roxy asked.

"Normal? Wait, are we going to Aunt Vicky's house?"

"Yep, we are!" Axel said.

"Who's Aunt Vicky?"

"She's dad's sister. We haven't seen her since... Mom died" Gregory said.

"I usually take the plane because it's so far away, but now..." Axel said.

"Well, its gonna take us at least 14 hours to get there" Roxy said.

"You think you can last that long?" Gregory asked, "I have 33 hours left"

...

The drive all the way to Normal was gonna be an excruciating 13 hr and 30 min, so they were on a road trip. This was interesting, for Gregory had never been on a road trip out in the country like this before.

 This was interesting, for Gregory had never been on a road trip out in the country like this before

About an hour into the drive and they drove into a white out, and it was a frigid -16°C outside (3.2°F), the inside of the car itself was getting cold. Roxy couldn't really feel the cold, but Axel and Gregory for sure did. Although it wasn't too bad, it was still enough to make them shiver.

Gregory soon asked if there was a fast food joint nearby, for he had to use the bathroom. "I think there's a McDonald's just up this way" Roxy said, and soon enough she saw one up ahead of them and soon pulled up in the parking lot, and Gregory soon went in to use the restroom. Axel also went in, might as well get some grub for the journey.