Chapter 6

Edric was on his way to the school assembly that had been called that day.

The Hexside students had known for about a week that they would be taking a week-long field trip to a beach. At today's meeting they would be getting more information on it and finding out who their roommates are.

The green-haired boy arrived in the gym along with all the other students, eager to hear what the administrators were going to say.

"Hello students of Hexside. As you already know, our field trip to the beach will be taking place tomorrow. Busses will be departing the school at 8:00 AM, so make sure to be here by 7:30."

The students all listened as the principal and staff members continuined to tell them about the upcoming trip. The teachers went around and told students where they would be sharing and who their roommates would be.

"Edric, you will be sharing a room with Hunter." One of the adults told him.

After the meeting had ended, Edric was on his way to approach Hunter but froze. I should tell him. It's gonna be difficult to hide from someone I'll be sharing a room with for a week. But what if he hates me? Or hurts me? Or sees me differently? What if he tells the entire school?

Edric's mind was racing with no end in sight. His thoughts were interrupted as Hunter came up to him, seeming equally nervous.

That's strange. I wonder what he's worried about.

"Hey Hunter, can we talk in private?"

Hunter nodded and the two went over to a more secluded area of the school where no one could hear them.

"So uh, there's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"What is it?" Hunter asked. He was curious now, as he had been wanting to talk to Edric as well.

Edric took a deep breath. C'mon, just spit it out.

"I'm trans. A trans guy." Edric told Hunter. "I'm not sure how you're gonna react, but I figured I should tell you since it'd be somewhat difficult to hide if we're gonna be sharing a room on the school field trip."

Hunter looked at Edric with a surprised expression on his face. "Really? So am I! That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

Edric breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank titan. I wasn't sure what you'd say or do, so that's a relief. Plus I'm more comfortable bunking with other trans people anyway, so that's a pleasant surprise."

Hunter nodded. "Same here." He relaxed a bit as the two talked. He had been super nervous as well, and was glad that their conversation went well.

"Well, I should head home and get packed for the trip. See you tomorrow, Blight."

"See you tomorrow."