Prologue: A Good Lesson

Nothing good comes from treating yourself like you're lesser

These words have been ingrained in the mind of the nineteen-year-old savoring a shot of alcohol in a not-so-good bar. It was a dingy establishment located in a nowhere town in Fiore's kingdom. And it was places like this that attract the kind of trouble the male was looking for. A band of rough-looking individuals entered the establishment, loudly laughing and talking to each other, that the male looked at, needing only a glance to tell those were his targets.

He downed the rest of his shot quickly before filling the glass up all the way. Unfortunately, one of the people from the band didn't know what was theirs and grabbed the bottle near the male and began to drink from it like that. His appearance was the textbook definition of brute if the male had anything to say about it.

"Ah! That's the good stuff!" He let out a pleasured moan.

"You know," The male's voice drew out. "I paid for that 'good stuff' so I expect some compensation for it. Your lips sullied the damn thing anyway, pal."

The man in question looked at the male to allow his brain to process what he said. "Pfft- Hahahaha!" He and his band began to burst out in laughter.

During the laughter, the male motioned with his head for the barkeep to leave the room. They nodded and quickly left, not wanting to know what was going to happen. The band's laughter ceased once the door closed.

"Why would we even pay you!? That fancy clothing you got on looks like you got more money than any of us, idiot."

That was true, the male's clothing and looks could be compared to that of what royalties purchase and wear. A matching striped suit and pants combo with an exquisite vest fully buttoned up and a cape covering the male's left arm, hiding said arm and hand. Still, he could have just stolen these from some unsuspecting noble.

"Yes, that may be true, but it's the finer thing to do. Though, the rules of etiquette must mean nothing amongst you, mongrels."

The brute laughed again as something sharp was pressed against the male's back. A woman hovered her head above the male's shoulder as she had a cocky smirk on her face.

"I think you should quit talking while you still have a tongue. Give us your cash and I'll leave you alone, but I can't say the same for the nine of us." She pressed her dagger in a bit more, enough to puncture the coat.

Now she did it.

Something soft quickly wrapped around the dagger and snatched it from the woman, forcing her to register the missing object. Within those few moments of obviousness, the male had already gotten off of the stool and decked the brute in the face with his left fist. He gained some distance from the band and stood in front of them, crossing his arms and glaring at them.

"Now you mongrels have done it. Messing with one's clothing is the greatest disrespect you can perform. Prepare to be taken down, Veiled Vagrants."

The brute recovered from the punch and felt liquid dripping from the orifice. His rage was apparent but before he could voice it, something else caught his attention. The band burst out into laughter once again as they all saw it, even more than when the male asked for compensation.

A sentient silk ribbon holding the leader's dagger.

"What the hell are gonna do with the thing!? What useless magic!" The leader insulted him as she kept laughing.

"Why don't you come and find out, Mitsa." The male taunted the leader who promptly ceased her laughter along with her crew.

A grey magic seal appeared on her hands. "Smoke magic: Blinding Screen!" A large smokescreen enveloped the bar before she commanded her crew. "Get him, boys!"

The men drew their weapons and rushed to where the male was standing before. Sounds of blows landing filled the room as the woman let her smirk shift into a grin. The smoke began to subside as she walked onward.

"See what happens when pretty boys like you try playing just because you have magic? You can get yourself ki-!" What she saw instantly stopped her monologue.

All of her men were suspended in the air and wrapped in silk. They were utterly beaten if their groans and moans of pain had anything to say about it. The male had finished wrapping up the last vagrant when the woman's heart sunk as she saw the colored mark on his left hand.

The Mark of Fairy Tail.

"Here's a good lesson to learn." The male's silk stream quickly wrapped itself around the stunned woman, hoisting her into the air and encasing her as he approached her. "Never underestimate someone on their magic. And to mind your manners."

---

Cutting to the outside of the bar, the male placed some Jewels into the barkeep's hand.

"Thank you for allowing me to use your bar as a temporary battlefield. This should cover for your troubles. I bid you farewell."

The male bowed before he began to walk away, his targets trapped in silk just hanging in the air as he walked.

"Wait!" The male turned to the sudden shout of the barkeep. "Who are you, sir?"

"Y/n L/n!" The male smiled confidently before placing his left hand against his head, showing the palm and the mark. "Tailor of the Fairy Tail Guild!"

Y/n left the scene and the barkeep looked inside their place. A relieved look on their face. Their bar hadn't received even a scratch anywhere. Mostly. There was a broken bottle and spilled alcohol, but the money the barkeep got was more than enough to replace it. The barkeep had a question boggling their mind.

Who was this Y/n L/n?

That question will soon be answered. But until then, just know that Y/n L/n's magic is not to be underestimated.

Fin~