Chapter 1: An Appetite For A Village

Clover Canyon

An expansive mountainous area is where our story starts. A male with black hair and a poncho is examining some footsteps left on the ground.

"There's no doubt about it. These are definitely their footprints. From the looks of it, it's been two days since they were here."

A woman with green hair and a cream hat stood near him. "If that's the case then they could have reached Magnolia a long time ago. Could mean trouble." She crossed her arms. "Now what?"

The male sighed

The male sighed. "It's probably best we give our report to the guild."

"We're going back!?" She asked surprised.

The two rode away from the area on bipedal animals. As they passed a wall, a part of it began to move. The 'wall' faded into colored silk ribbons as Y/n stepped out, two large balls of silk ribbons were hanging above him.

"Sorry, guys," he apologized even though they couldn't hear him. "But Mirajane asked me to do this, and it wouldn't be the higher thing to reject her."

Y/n followed the tracks of his fellow guild members who haven't been heard from since they left for the station three days ago. What was odd was that their mission wasn't supposed to last this long and they had the guild master with them. So, Y/n secretly followed Bisca, the green-haired woman, and Alzack, the one wearing the poncho.

Hopefully, Mirajane wouldn't reveal their secret. It was her idea after all.

---

"What the hell?"

Y/n had managed to follow the tracks but they stopped at an eerily quiet village located in Web Valley, a place in Clover Canyon known for its numerous fissures.

He began to walk into the desolate place as his footsteps echoed for the only known noise. If they weren't somewhere here, Y/n would just have to give punishment at a later date.

Using his ribbons as extending legs, Y/n was now in the air as he cupped his hands together.

"Erza! Natsu! Anyone here!?" He yelled out.

No sooner than a few moments, the clanking of armor and heavy steps made their way to Y/n's location. He lowered himself to the ground but kept the ribbons out. Who knows what else that could be?

"Y/n!? What are you doing here?" An all too familiar voice sounded out in confusion.