Chapter 3: Meeting Madder And A Rain Lady!

Sakura Town

Sakura Town: A small and quiet place most known for its immaculate sakura trees that litter the streets and for somehow always staying in bloom. Not much activity goes on in Sakura Town besides the wagons of cargo for trading and shops and people just going about their day. If one looks to get away from the bustle of the bigger towns then Sakura Town is their first choice. And a small portion of its visitors and inhabitants hope to find their soulmate among the pink petals.

A carriage stopped at the entrance of Sakura Town, an elegant metal gate with the name of the town made of pink metal in an elegant font. Y/n paid for the carriage ride and tipped the driver before he walked off the mode of transportation. The driver said thanks as they rode off to the nearest town for rest.

It was now night, as Sakura Town was a few hours away from Magnolia by carriage. Usually, Y/n wouldn't go walking at night, certain dangers made themselves more apparent with fewer witnesses around, but he knew the route to take to the requester's home and could handle any threats that came.

"Let's hope that Madder is still awake. Who am I kidding? He works until his eventual collapse most of the time."

Y/n then walked into Sakura Town and enjoyed the blissful silence. It was a nice change from Fairy Tail's usual loudness, he didn't mind it at all but it was definitely noticeable when it was quiet. The lights from nearby buildings and the moon illuminated the street so it wasn't completely shrouded in darkness.

A figure up ahead could be seen as they were carrying bags of groceries, albeit with some difficulty. A night shopper, huh? Well, it is the Higher thing to do to help when someone seems to need it. Y/n approached the figure as he heard some muttering coming from them.

"What should the next experiment be? Maybe seeing his reaction to them? No, it's much too soon for that. Perhaps..."

Y/n knew that voice from anywhere.

"Do you require some assistance, Doctor Madder?"

The figure turned around and was revealed to be a man in his late thirties. He beamed at the silk mage in recognition.

Short black hair that was practically a bird's nest, check. Wrinkly lab coat over a shirt that looked like it hadn't been washed in three days, check. Pale skin from not leaving his 'laboratory' unless to get groceries, check. And those tired, blue eyes that never seemed rejuvenated no matter how much he rested, check.

This was Doctor Madder, or Theodore Madius, a part-time inventor and scientist--but mad scientist fit his crazy experiments much better.

"Yes, that would be grand, Y/n." Madder replied as Y/n used his streams to carry the tall, brown bags.

"Normally you shop at the crack of dawn. Did you oversleep?" Y/n asked.

"Quite the opposite, actually. I was distracted by other agendas and trying to figure out something." Madder said as the two walked in tandem to his home. "It involves you, Y/n."

He nodded. "Then inform me of what has transpired since my last visit."

And Madder did just that.

---

Apparently, not much had occurred since Y/n's last visit. Madder had been experimenting with if it was possible to shift someone's magic to a different element. No results were found but it did give way to even more lucrative ideas, all in the name of science! Madder's words.

The only true notable event was his sister, Bheodore Madius, was getting engaged to the man she had been dating for two years and he extended an invitation to their eventual wedding to Y/n. He graciously accepted the invitation.