Chapter 2: Spars, Scapegoats, and S-Class

Fairy Tail Guild

It was a peaceful day within the Fairy Tail guild. It was the day after the whole abandoned town incident and Team Natsu had returned home. Speaking of home, a familiar silk wizard was sitting at the bar savoring a glass of Sare Bonic as he watched his guild members milling about.

"Feeling good to be home?" A gentle voice asked the male.

"Yes, the comfort of Fairy Tail does soothe the soul." He answered before turning to the speaker.

" He answered before turning to the speaker

Mirajane was smiling as usual. An employee of Fairy Tail and an old friend as well as a delightful person to talk to. She ran the bar that was located across from the entrance of Fairy Tail.

She and her brother were among the few people Y/n had befriended when he first joined the guild, still keeping the friendship strong after all these years.

"It's good to have you back, Silky."

"Please refrain from calling that, Mirajane." Y/n quickly replied as Mira giggled.

Y/n wished that nickname never existed.

"So, are you a part of Team Natsu?" She asked.

Y/n took a sip from his glass. "I was offered but declined."

"Hm?"

"Those guys can keep their Lower destruction to themselves." He replied. "And if Natsu wants to beat me then I'd prefer not to reveal my secrets before the fight, as I'm sure he has some tricks up his sleeves. Figuratively."

"Where's Erza?!"

Speak of the dragon. Here comes Natsu being as loud as he usually is. Seems he can't wait any longer for his bout with Erza any longer. Some of the members question why he's looking for her.

"Eager to get beaten, Natsu?" Y/n asked.

"No way! I'm beating Erza this time and then you, Y/n!" Natsu declared as his fist was now alit. "But how about a warm-up first?"

Natsu roared as he charged at the male and jumped in the air, ready to slam his fist down onto Y/n's face. The male finished his glass before kicking Natsu's chin, sending the dragon slayer straight into the ceiling, screaming the whole way up. His body limply hung up there as Y/n got off the stool.

"You're ten years too early to even have a sparing match with me, Natsu. Practice your precarious punches to provide promising matches as pathetic, palpable plans aren't parallel to plentiful planning provided by people's preference: Protection."