|1|Lonely Spaceman

"You've never been around for me, Xeph, you're too involved in your science and machinery. You never spend any time with me anymore!"Lomadia shouted at Xephos, who was tweaking the old Thermionic Fabricator.

"Look, Lom, I don't have much time here and I would spend all my time with you if I got the chance, I'm a busy man!"

"I know. I know."Lomadia seemed on the verge of tears.

"Um, can you leave me to tinker with this machine? It's really difficult to disassemble and stuff..."

"Oh, I see how it is. A sheet of metal is more important than your girlfriend. We'll see about that."she stormed towards him and looked up.

Standing on her tip-toes, Lomadia pressed her lips to his, and slowly he dropped his spanner and faced her. Lomadia was happy, she had the best boyfriend around. Clever, caring, strong. She loved him so much, until he disappeared.

In the middle of their kissing, Xephos seemed to be teleported. In a swirl of blue hexagons, he vanished. Lomadia lay on the floor, a little dazed. Was that a dream? What a lovely dream.

Xephos span around swiftly, observing his surroundings. But there was nothing to observe. It was just a white box. He could see some shadows that proved his box theory, but there was nothing there. Apart from on the side of the room, there were three buttons, all labelled.

Food/drink

Furniture

CLEAR

Xephos shivered, there was something eerie about the white box. Something scary.

"Hello Xephos. Spaceman. Tryhard. You have been selected for the first trial of our new system; Box. Box is our new piece of machinery that provides basic human needs, but one thing we don't provide is happiness. Goodbye, Xephos, and enjoy your time away from your life."

Xephos shook in anger."DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I am leader of YogLabs, leader of the Yogscast, and I command you to let me out of here!!"

"No."The voice came from a sliding white panel that revealed glass, and behind that, Testificate_MD."Stay here and rot, Xephos. You will never be able to get out of here. And you will never see anyone's face again."

The former colleague glanced coldly down on the spaceman as the white panel slowly covered the glass. Screaming insults, shouting revenge, Xephos snarled, and ignored the fact his status was nothing now- he would just die here- in the box. He would just Die.

Halfheartedly pressing the furniture button, he slumped on the uncomfortable wood. He didn't expect much. He'd designed it himself after all. Even though he wasn't hungry, to test what meals were like, he pressed that button also. And yet again, stared at the stale bread and water. He wondered if Lomadia thought this was all his fault. He did want time with her, he truly did. But he was busy. So busy. Now... He has nothing to do, and for the first time in his life, the spaceman was lonely.

Lomadia realised Xephos was gone. As if he evaporated. Like a ghost. And she couldn't help it, the tears kept rolling down her face and she couldn't stop them. Her knees have way and she clenched her fist in her hair. Xephos was gone. Forever. And Lomadia knew it. Knew it in her heart, and just couldn't accept it. She loved him, and hated him, all at the same time.

Xephos lay on the ground, staring up at the blindingly white ceiling. They didn't do anything to let Xephos sleep. The lights stayed on 24/7 and there was no bed, only a wooden chair. So Xephos had resorted to laying on the floor. Dark circles formed on Xephos' eyes and he became skinnier. His eyes turned hollow as he gnawed subconsciously on the stale bread. Xephos didn't know. Didn't know how many days he's been in the wretched box. His thoughts had bursts of suicide, at first he rejected it, but he had gotten used to it now, however many days he survived. He thought of smashing the glass plates the bread was served on, and taking a shard through the heart. Or perhaps starvation or dehydration. They're slow an painful though, so the shards were more appealing to Xephos.

Xephos had lost the two conducting things he loved in his life. Lomadia, and his machinery. He doesn't know which he loved more. A selfish man. Cursed with intelligence, he is a man of work, perhaps.

"Okay, okay. I give in. JUST LET ME OUT OF THIS FREAKING BOX."Xephos screamed as he heard smirking from a speaker.

"This isn't solely about revenge, Xephos, but he wants to see you be tortured. Tortured ad mutilated. Killed. Set your heart ablaze. Torment your soul. Vaporise your hope. Let it all begin."Testificate_MD's voice echoed out o the speaker as the 'CLEAR' button was automatically pressed. Everything disappeared apart from the box, of course. But the lights dimmed, as if a pantomime were starting.

What he saw did set his heart ablaze. It was Lomadia. But Lomadia was smothered in her own blood. Cuts and bruises litter her skin, and he was just too far away, just behind the iron bars... Hold on, iron bars? Strange. She smiled one last smile at Xephos before she fell to the floor, her chest unmoving.

Xephos screamed and he let everything go. He realised how important Lomadia actually was to him, but it's too late now. She was dead. Xephos didn't realise, though, he didn't realise the disappearance of the body, as if it were a mere hologram.

In the midst of grief, Xephos slammed the plate into a wall, skewering his hand but he felt no pain. And, with ninja like grace, he held a shard up."Im going to join you, Lomadia!"Xephos yelled as he thrust the porcelain shard deep into his heart. And it's funny, since porcelain is supposed to be the delicate one.

Xephos. Xephos is dead.

Days of survival:

4

Xephos committed suicide.

"Do you think Xephos and Lomadia would of gotten married if we'd left then alone?"

"Probably, but our job is to bring entertainment to him, not happinessto Xephos."

Goodbye forever, Lewis Xephos