|3|Grieving EnderMage

Tee died recently. Rythian and Zoeya couldn't communicate with him, and sometimes Rythian believes it's for the greater good. He believed Tee would be happier. Zoeya was devastated. She locks herself in her room, and Rythian can also see the sad look in her eyes when she comes out to eat. She can't die from is hunger, as long as it's not meat, she'd eat it. Rythian was sure he wouldn't go to the Box-he thought his personal was was similar to Xephos'. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

One day, Rythian heard the latch on Zoeya's door click. She hadn't come out for days, and Rythian was worried. She looked like a zombie, unable to cry, but sad. She kept her head low, as usual, until she looked up at Rythian. Her tears streamed down her face."Why do these things happen to us? Why can't we all live a happy life?"She tried to wipe away the tears, but they kept coming. The pain in her eyes reflected in his, and the Endermage hugged her head against his chest, and she clasped he arms around him too. They locked in tight embrace, and that's when it happened. Like his very cells were being ripped into pieces and moved, Rythian inhumanly screamed in pain as he disappeared, like the rest.

Zoeya fell to the floor, and realised Rythian was going to die, and she never got to tell him. Never got to tell him that she loved hi-

***

Rythian opened his eyes slowly, the bright light immediately made him flinch. He groaned as he got up, 'this must be the Box.' He thought as his eyes traveled over the interior of the room.

"Endermage."

"Whoever you are."

"As you would already know, this is the Box. The Box is an experiment of which we find out and test the number of days before you die or go insane. So far, Xephos is in the lead."

"Is this a guaranteed death?"Rythian questioned.

"Yes!"The voice seemed to try and taunt him.

"What do you get out of this? Just let us go and destroy this place, you've already showered grief over our heads like rain."

"Oh, results. And of course, extreme enjoyment..."Rythian heard a screeching laughter before the speaker went dead.

The red buttons, he could deal with, but the blind bright light seemingly seared him. Not as much as the water though, he has to drink very quickly or he'd burn his throat. His Ender side was so silent, lately, he'd usually have to cast spells to keep it at bay, but he had no problems in the space of time when Tee died. Maybe the grief drowned the evil. Maybe that's why Rythian was selected.

He thought of Zoeya, he left her alone, and the look in her eyes told him that she had something very important to tell him. And perhaps it was love for someone? Jealousy burned in Rythian's heart for that lucky person. If he were them, he's stay with her forever. And really, he wished he could. If he weren't in this god damned Box.

He lived of the stale bread and water for a few days-he had no intention of dying. His patience just makes them do more, though.

"Do you see that? Do you dare to look?"A high pitched voice boomed in Rythian's mind.

"Look at what?"Rythian covered his ears.

"Look at your hands!"

Rythian stared into his palms."What am I supposed to see?"

"Blood."The voice deepened."The blood of those you have killed."

"I haven't killed anyone."Rythian grit his teeth.

"Maybe we should have some fun then, shall we?"

The bright room vaporised. Rythian, nor anyone else but the dead, didn't know what happened in the box when the lights dimmed. The scientists all know where everyone is, at every moment of the day. And they knew Zoeya was crying right now, because she had the feeling in her gut. She knew Rythian was going to die.

The Endermage stumbled backwards, and fell on his back awkwardly. Mist swirled in the room, and even Rythian knew the time had come.

A figure appeared, she was a female. The vapour swirled around her, then cleared like the eye of a storm. Rythian saw crimson locks; it was Zoey.

Her stare was cold, hard. She glared down at Rythian with hatred. She clutched a dagger to her side.

"Zoeya! How did you get here! Are you okay?"Rythian grew a little panicky.

"Why should you care? You're just a murderer."She spat.

"What?"

"You killed Tee."A single tear slipped down her face."You're a monster. And that's not the only thing you killed."

She gripped the dagger tighter and she growled."You've killed my heart. I can't believe I used to love you."

Rythian shook his head in disbelief. She loved him?

"I miss you, I need you, I love you? Grow up, what is this, a fairy tale? My arse."She looked at him with that cold stare."I'm not a child anymore, and I never have been. The best thing you could do for me right now is to get the fuck out of my life and shrivel in Hell!"She screamed, and Rythian flinched.

"Zoeya... I can't do anything right now but apologise... I'm so sorry. I was took over and-""

"Stop with the excuses. Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with a lie."Zoeya snarled as the hilt of her dagger found it's way into Rythian's chest.

And she realised. She snapped out of her trance and saw what she was doing.

She was killing her only love.

She tried to pull out the dagger, but Rythian held on to it."It's okay."He breathed."I understand everything... just... let me... Die..."Zoey shook her head and cried a 'No!', and the tears started to roll down her cheeks. She didn't let go of the knife, or Rythian's hand.

Zoeya used all her strength to try and pull out the knife, but Rythian held it there. His head turned to her."I'll miss you..."He coughed blood."I'll need you..."His eyes started to close."I'll love-"

And Zoeya screamed his name, crying and screaming, the tears never stopping. Why couldn't we all live a happy life?

~~~

For all the Zoethian fans out there! :)