III

--x--

--x--

Anika started noticing how Shivaay would avoid coming inside her house, but only if Troy was present. If it would happen once or twice, she wouldn't care much about it but that wasn't the case. The elder would hand the couple the mail with a simple conversation and leave. This was making her anxious, she didn't know the reason behind the change, in the elder's behaviour.

That's when it clicked to her, that Troy never knew about the meeting because Anika would always make sure that he wasn't at home when she went to meet Shivaay. Even the elder would usually come with the mail at a time when she was alone but sometimes Troy was at home. And once she had opened up about this to the elder.

The reason why Anika didn't tell her fiancé about Shivaay and her having small chats and meetings usually, is because she knows how possessive he is. Troy had the tendency to get jealous over the fact that Anika was talking to a male, be it, anyone, even if it was just a greeting. That would lead them to fight and he would accuse her of trying to cheat on him. Then, in the end, he would be the one, who would confront her and beg for her forgiveness, saying he is just insecure and didn't like when she spoke to another male.

But today she made up her mind to have a word with the elder. She felt uneasy when she would see him but couldn't have a conversation.

"I will be late today, do have your dinner alright darling? And yeah please don't sit in one place like a loser and read those books of yours." Anika scowled which made Troy chuckle.

"Don't give me those looks darling, I have stated facts, anyways are you done with that project of yours."

"Yeah, I have, just some changes are to be done." Troy nodded

"Then better do that, then again wasting your time on those stupid books, now I am leaving, bye." saying this Troy placed a kiss on Anika's forehead but she didn't reply and turned her head.

The moment Anika knew Troy left, she decided to go and meet Shivaay, she just hoped he didn't leave for work yet.

--x--

Anika ranged the bell and waited, she heard the door opening. The moment the door opened her eyes went wide, Shivaay was standing shirtless while she shamelessly stared at the elder.

Shivaay noticed her gaze and chuckled before a smirk appeared on his face.

"I am not stopping you but wouldn't it be better if you gape at me while we are inside?" Anika snapped out her thoughts and blushed.

"I am not gaping at you, don't think so high." Shivaay smirked

"Whatever floats your boat." Anika glared at him which made the elder laugh.

"Come inside, will you?"

"No" a frown appeared on Shivaay's face

"Why?"

"Why are you ignoring me? When I invite you, you give some excuse and leave. Did I do something, which offended you?"

"You didn't do anything to offend me, Anika."

"I might have, that's why you are ignoring me." Shivaay shrugged.

"You didn't"

"Is it that you don't want to talk with me anymore? If so then I would stop coming here." Anika said with a small smile though, Shivaay saw the sadness visible in her eyes.

Before Anika could leave, Shivaay pulled her inside which made her bump into his chest. Anika had her hands on Shivaay's chest while Shivaay had slightly gripped her arm. The moment she noticed their closeness, she pulled away and didn't look in the elder's direction. Shivaay didn't say anything and just closed the door.

"Would like to have something?"

"No, thank you"

"Okay, Hot Chocolate then." Saying this Shivaay laughed and ran towards the kitchen making Anika giggle.

"Crazy fella"

"Just with you!" Anika gasped with she heard a reply, she thought she said it in her head.

"Nope, you said it out loud and I have sharp ears. C'mon, come fast don't stand there or else no hot chocolate."

Anika shook her head with a smile and walked towards the kitchen.

•••••

If you ever see Animal and wonder what I have written, then just know that it's Anika 💀 my autocorrect is still high on drugs.

-hvibes-