XII

•••••

•••••

Anika sighed before opening up the book that was gifted by Shivaay, it was late at night and she was back home. Reason? Shivaay had received an emergency call, so the girl decided to head back.

Even though the book was open, Anika's mind kept wandering, she was debating, whether she should just call Troy or send him a message and just end their relationship. She was ready to let go of her past and start a new journey with Shivaay and she didn't want to be heartless and keep delaying the matter which would only give Troy false hope of they happily ever after.

Anika glanced at her phone, she nodded to herself and grabbed it, she went through her contact list. When she found Troy's name, she was ready to press the call button but that's when her phone rang.

"Troy"

Anika furrowed and stared at the screen. After a few rings, she picked up the call.

"Troy?"

"An...Ani my love, I miss you."

Anika glanced at the phone screen before sighing and placing it back to her ear.

"Troy, you are drunk aren't you? How many times I have told you, don't drink too much. You don't have that much alcohol tolerance."

"I am so sorry, darling but I g..guess this will be the on..only way for me to open up to you. Plea..se, let me talk to you."

"Troy,  where is James? Is he there? Pass him the phone."

"...."

"Are you shaking your head? I can't see you, don't forget that."

A small slight appeared on Anika's face when she heard the male giggling and babbling at the other end.

"Troy, we can talk tomorrow, when you are sober enough."

"NO! sowwy I mean, no. I really need to have a talk with you."

"Even I need to talk with you but you aren't in a state to do that, so tomorrow when you return we will talk, yeah?"

Anika tried reasoning with the elder who kept denying it and was adamant to talk to her.

"Le..let me talk to you, I will even tell you a secret, you know why I drank this much? I d..did this so that I can get the guts to talk to you, isn't it a brilliant idea?"

The male questioned Anika with an excited tone but Anika didn't reply, she just hummed in response, waiting for the male to continue.