Chapter 6

After a few days of waiting, Katya starts becoming anxious and comes home from work every night hoping to see or feel the presence of Trixie. She even tries to do the other spell to just make her appear again. Nothing is ever felt and nothing happens.

She goes on like this for a week and finally comes to a realization. I can't keep going on like this. I have to stop and be patient. I knew before doing the spell, it could take a while for her to come back. I need to trust the spell and that I did it correctly. "I am still waiting for you. And I will never forget you. I can't wait for the day I finally get to see you." She says out loud, hoping that Trixie will somehow hear her, wherever she may be.

*** 7 Months Later ***

Katya and Alaska are meeting at Alyssa's house in an hour for their joint tag sale. Since Katya and Alaska live in an apartment complex, they can't have a tag sale there so Alyssa offered them to use her yard.

Over the past few months, Alaska and Katya have become very close friends. When Alaska got an opportunity to direct a very large production in LA, Katya decided to join and move across the country with her.

Katya was able to get a job as a manager of an art gallery in LA and found a great little apartment not too far away from Alaska's. They will be LA residents in 3 weeks. Katya has already packed up her valuables and clothes she will be wearing once in LA. I guess I should hurry up and figure out what smaller items I want to bring to the tag sale.

She goes around her apartment and throws some kitchen gadgets, clothes, home decor, costume jewelry, picture frames, and artwork into a few boxes. As Katya is finishing closing up her boxes there is a knock at her door and hears Alaska. "Hey, are you ready to head to Alyssa's?"

"Hold on, let me open the door so you can help me bring these boxes down to my car." Katya lets Alaska in. "Hi, let me grab my bag and we can load up my car. Is your van all set?"

"Yeah, I just finished and headed up here to see if you needed any help," Alaska responds while wiping some sweat off her forehead.

"Awesome, were the guys from the theater able to fit my end tables and tv stand in the van okay?"

"They are in and all ready to go."

Katya throws on her crossbody bag and picks up a couple of boxes and heads to the door. "Great, can you grab those two smaller boxes by the couch?"

"Sure, go on ahead. I will lock and close the door for you and meet you by the elevator."

She thanks Alaska and heads down the hall to wait for her by the elevator. They pack up Katya's car and each head to Alyssa's.

Once there, they all get everything out of the two vehicles and start setting up the tables for the smaller items. Katya sees a couple of her boxes and is about to unpack them when Alyssa comes over and offers to set the stuff up while she can go inside to use the bathroom and grab some bottled water for everyone to cool off.

Two hours later

Katya is sitting on a chair looking at her phone while a few people are browsing some of Alaska's items across the yard. She doesn't notice someone has walked over to one of her own tables a little ways down.

"Excuse me, how much is this snow globe?" Snow globe?! Shit, I knew I should have checked everything before Alyssa set it all up.

Katya immediately stops scrolling and says, "I'm sorry, that shouldn't be there. It's not for sale." Katya looks up to see a tall blonde with thick, long wavy hair wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with a pink gingham short-sleeved top turned around looking across the other side of the yard.