14 - no time to die

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" I'LL GIVE YOU FIVE SECONDS. "

alexa, play FALLOUT by unscret x neoni

^^^^^^

"Why aren't you running? D'you wanna see daddy again? You really miss him that much?" Amber asked, for whatever reason lowering the gun as she did so.

I shook my head; "I just wanna know why," I stated. "Why the hell did you do all of this? I mean, Wes, my father, Vince, all of them...why?"

I'm not saying that Vince didn't deserve what he got, but still. He was a victim of this decade's Ghostface, and good or bad person, all victims deserve to have their names shared.

"Don't you get it?!" Amber shouted with a vicious laugh, slightly reminding me of the killer reveal in Stab 4. "I did this for you! I did all of this-" She dramatically gestured around the house. "For you! You hated your dad drinking, so I took him away for you. Wes still liked Tara, so I got rid of him for you. Vincent assaulted you, and I actually didn't-"

"What the fuck?!" I shouted, blinking back tears. "You didn't do this shit for me, no, you fuckin' did it for yourself! I loved them! I fuckin' loved them, and you took them away from me! This isn't some sort of fucked up love for me, this was all for your fucked up fantasy-"

"This is for US! You'll be our new star of the franchise, don't you want that?" Amber shouted, and I scoffed.

"I'll give you five seconds." I warned, pulling out the gun Uncle Mark had given me before I'd gotten out of the car.

She genuinely, one thousand percent, looked scared-she knew this wasn't an empty threat. It was, in fact, the absolute opposite. I meant business, and she knew that now. I had the advantage. Amber was scared of me. I wasn't scared of her. Instead of firing her gun, she darted off through the back door of the living room. She ran through the kitchen, turned a corner, and I could hear her running upstairs. I ran right after her, of course, refusing to let her get away with this. She wasn't going to be able to escape me, not anymore. She took away my favorite people, and now she was going to pay for it. Amber Freeman was going to pay for all of it, and then some.

I heard a scream coming from upstairs as I turned in a way that made it look like I was coming in from the back door. I began to walk just a tad bit faster, with all the meaning and confidence I've been dying to have for the past seventeen, almost eighteen years of my life.

"It's just me and you, Amber!" I shouted. "Come out! Lets make a fuckin' movie!"

A part of me wanted to fire a warning shot, but I thought against doing so-it would waste precious bullets, and at a time like right now, I could not afford to be wasting a single bullet that wouldn't hit a target. If I didn't think I had a good shot, I wouldn't take it, and that's as simple as it is going to be. It isn't rocket science, like some people (Gale Weathers) try and make it out to be. There was no reply, and slowly, the anxiety turned into creepy crawlies throughout my body. I wanted to cry, but I didn't let a single tear fall, and instead began to hike up the stairs.

"What's wrong, Amber?!" I shouted my question as tauntingly as I could. "Are you scared?!"

A body came crashing down the stairs, along with a handful of screams and cries of pain. I let out a scream and jumped over the railing to get out of the way, crashing onto one of the tables and probably breaking an unhealthy amount of ribs. But, believe it or not, my own health was not one of my concerns in the slightest, it was instead whoever's body came crashing down the stairs. I stood up and rushed over to discover it was Laina who had taken the tumble, and it was terrifying to see the state she was in.

"Holy shit," I mumbled. Multiple stab wounds bloomed bloody flowers on her once-beautiful white shirt, her head was bleeding, and her eyes would not stop fluttering. I couldn't determine whether she was conscious or not, nor could I really do anything to help her right now.

"Stay with me, Lains, okay? Please, you gotta stay with me." I begged, not knowing what else to do. "I'm gonna get us help. I'm gonna get you out of here; I'm going to find you help. Hang in there, please, please hang in there, Lains."

All I needed was the confirmation of Laina's head nodding weakly, and I knew that somehow, she would manage to stay conscious, at least for a little bit. She would fight to stay conscious until help finally arrived. I straightened myself up once more, putting a hand on my ribs and looking up the stairs, shouting "Brielle?!" to see if the blonde was still upstairs or if she had somehow gotten away. There was no reply, but upon hearing more commotion, I started to try and walk up the stairs.

That's when I felt the worst pain I had ever felt, blossoming from my lower back. I let out a gasp and arched my back as a poor attempt at escaping the knife's hold, letting out a whimper once the knife did get pulled out and falling backwards onto the ground. I heard a chuckle, and instantly matched it with Richie. It was Richie and Amber working together? They were the killers? I had enough evidence to say that Amber was the mastermind, seeing as Richie has an alibi for almost all of the kills and attacks.

I felt a little woozy, my vision was going in and out of focus as I saw the blurry mask of Ghostface loom over me, shaking its head. I could feel my blood soaking into the rug on which I laid. I could feel every single tear trickling down my cheeks. I could feel the burning pain from my back. But at the same time, it was like I felt nothing at all.

"Like father, like daughter." Richie's voice became an echo in my shaking head, and my breathing became hitched as I saw Amber pass me as she came downstairs.

There were sounds of a car from outside. Uncle Mark? I think Amber opened the door. Richie, behind the mask, rushed away. Gunshots. Lots of gunshots. I slowly turned onto my stomach and pulled one arm out after the other, beginning to crawl towards the kitchen. I needed to get up. I needed to get up and defend myself. I was not going to be the town's next helpless victim. That adrenaline needed to start kicking in, or else I wouldn't be able to take anybody down. I heard faint running and cussing coming from back inside the house. I heard the door open again, and then I heard it close. I rushed my crawling and managed to get myself into a hiding position behind the kitchen counter. I pulled myself into a sitting position and felt around for a weapon without moving. There were no weapons to be found. It all hurt so much. I didn't know how much longer I would be able to handle this much pain.

"Anyone hiding, killer or not, you have five seconds to show yourself!" 

And then, five seconds later, there was a gunshot. Sidney Prescott was in the house. And I, at the moment, didn't have the power to individually take down this killer. But together? Well, we'll take all of them down.

^^^^^^

act three is so much fun

laina is okay

brielle is okay cuz cas will kill me if she isn't

tatum? idk