one ✎

IF THERE WAS ONE THING that tyler considered his passion, his livelihood, the thing that he poured his all into, it'd be creating art, 100%, without a doubt, and if there was another thing that you could count on, it was that tyler always had a muse.

ever since tyler developed a passion for drawing and painting, from the moment that he was old enough to hold a paintbrush, practically, he always had a main muse who he centered all of his work around. 

his childhood pet, a chubby orange tabby cat named soupy, was his first muse. then it was his mother. then it was his cubby buddy from kindergarten. his neighbor, the cashier at target, his first girlfriend, his world history teacher, the old man who lived three blocks away. the list of people who he grew fascinated with for one reason or another and decided to fixate on drawing was endless.

the newest addition to the list? a quiet college sophomore by the name of andre burt.

tyler still remembers the first day he ever saw him on campus. early september, around 9 in the morning, while tyler was shuffling to get to his 9:45 art history lecture, he saw the prettiest boy that he'd ever seen before.

the morning sun hit his golden brown skin oh so perfectly and left him shimmering in the limelight. his hot pink dreadlocks obscured most of his face at first, but when the boy pushed his hair back, presumably because it blocked his vision, tyler could get a glimpse of his slightly upturned eyes, so big and round that they almost made him look like a doll. and who could forget about those lips of his? his plump, supple lips, which were not only naturally full, but they had the perfect shape to them as well.

in fact, he was so beautiful, that when tyler saw him, he dropped his books.

luckily, the stranger was so far away, that he didn't seem to notice tyler gawking in his direction, studying his every facial feature.

that would've been embarrassing.

ever since that day, three months ago, tyler had grown obsessed with that stranger.

every single day, tyler would draw the mystery boy. or paint him, depending on how his mood was. tyler was an experienced artist, so all it took was seeing him once to replicate his appearence to an uncanny degree.

he didn't even know his name at first, until he overheard one of his friends call him andre.

andre. such a pretty name for a pretty boy.

his friends knew all about his obsession, and teased him about it every chance they got. especially brooklyn. she had some nerve, making fun of tyler for being too scared to approach his crush like she wasn't in the exact same boat, but whatever.

today, tyler was doing what he always did. sitting in a cozy café after class,
nearly empty coffee cup to the left of him, the drink now lukewarm and practically undrinkable, and sketchbook to the front.

andre always stopped here for refreshments after class, and so, tyler began coming here too. he still had yet to make a move, or even introduce himself to his crush.

he continued working on his rough sketch of andre for today. he only had a #2 pencil with him, so he didn't get to add all of the colors to his face that belonged there.

only having a single pencil didn't really hinder his abilities, though. he's drawn andre so many times, that he knew his face by muscle memory at this point.